Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, July 27, 2008

A WEEKEND IN PARADISE

Due to the perfect timing of Pioneer Day in Utah I was able to go with some friends to Havasupai again this summer. I love this place and after two summers of going I still have not seen all there is to see. For those of you who don't know Havasupai is an Indian Villaga in the grand Canyon that claims to have water as amazing as Hawaii. I have not been to Hawaii to compare but hope to accomplish that after I graduate from grad school. The first picture is a view of the beautiful grand canyon at the start of the switch backs.


I went with Amber Ellis, Brett Alldridge, and a bunch of Ambers family. They were all great company and we had so much fun. Below is Brett and myself about 5 miles into our hike. Notice we are still smiling that is because there are still 5 more to go. Once at camp we took a nap and then we were ready to hike, swim, and play and we put our happy faces back on.


Havasu Falls is my favorite water fall ever and I really wanted a good picture of it to blow up and put in my new house. Oh, yea I am buying a townhouse. I have not really told anyone but I sign tomorrow. Am I ready for a lifetime of debt, no are you ever? But I am really excited to have my own place to decorate.


For some reason I think it is hilarious taht they have to helliopter the portable toilets in every week. They do the dirty job on Thursdays and so you can see the toilets are flying away. Hope no one is inside.


In order to see Mooney falls there is a crazy hike down the side of a mountain. This is the sign that they have hanging right before you risk your life. I think it is funny because everyone that goes climbs down but hey you were warned. The pictures of Mooney Falls don't really do it justice. It is a beautiful and powrful 200ft waterfall that is a must see. The trip was a blast and I am so gad I was able to go. Amber brought a waterproof camera and so more pictures will be coming!!

Last but not least we stopped at Hoover Dam to take some pictures. I am only posting this picture because when we crossed the dam the first time at 2am I dared Amber to ask the guard if they were gaurding Megatron. Well she did not think that it would be funny but her Dad did it and it was hilarious. I am sure the guard has heard that before but hey he kinda laughed and everyone in the car was busting up so I think it was worth it.


6 comments:

shauna said...

Congratulations on your townhouse. That is exciting. Your trip looks awesome. What a beautiful place to camp.

The Finlays said...

Congratulations on buying a townhouse. How exciting. Your pictures are amazing.

earlh75 said...

Hey just your cuz Heather..I always look forward to your next amazing adventure. That pic of the waterfall is absolutely amazing!
I'll have to come see the new house since my sister is moving in, maybe drop the kids off he!he! check out our new blog at jhearlfamily.blogspot.com

Kriss said...

Hey Lanell. Jesse's dumb wife, Kriss here. I am all kinds of excited to have stumbled onto your blog through Heather's. It's nice to see someone with actual adventures. I'm totally adding you to my list so I can stalk your exciting life!

Liz and Kevin said...

Girl where are all the pictures of the sweet ponds. When Kevin and I went there was a flash flood and it was the sweetest thing ever! Pretty scarry but very cool! Someday Kev and I want to go back! It would be cool to go together!

mjnetty said...

Hey Lanell, I came across your blog through Jana's. Looks like you had a great time at Havasupai. Matt and I went there when we were first married - awesome place! My brother is going this month and I wish I could go with him. You've always got some fun adventure planned! I'm a little jealous! Jamie

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...