Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, April 27, 2009

Joel's Wedding

Last weekend I went home to attend my cousin Joel's wedding. The wedding was a major HIT, and tons of FUN. It was held in Livermore at a winery. The country was beautiful for the wedding and the barn/shed were great for dinner and dancing. It was one Sweet party. It was great to get to see my extended family.




I didn't get a great picture of the bride and groom because they had a photographer of their own so this dark one will have to do.
This is my cousin Ty, Allison, and their cute baby Autumn. Below are the proud parents of the groom, my dad's sister Janice and her husband Lou. I was hoping to get a picture of Lou dancing because he has the worlds best moves but my camera was not cooperating in the dark without the flash so I didn't bother. Lou is one of my favorite people. We both teach, he is now retired, coach basketball and love to hike and bike. He is also hilarious.
Me with my parents. My Dad looks good considering his health issues as of late. His garden is amazing and my parents yard looks the best I have ever seen it. He even got rid of all the old cars that don't work because I told him I wouldn't get married until he did.
Both of my Dad's sisters Janice and Virginia.

All of my brothers minus Anthony were at the wedding. It was fun to hang out with all of them and to laugh with them. Me, Sam, Aaron and Caleb all swam at the hotel before the wedding. It was fun but I was reminded why I don't particularly enjoy swimming with them. One I was drenched after about 10 seconds and two Aaron tossed me right into Caleb and we butted heads. That one hurt.
Me and my grandma Brown. She looks so good. Looking at my parents and extended family I feel like I look the most like her. I actually don't see it as much in this picture but I have a picture from two summers ago and we look so similar. I like looking like her because I think she is so cute. She is a great person too and I wish I could see her more often.
Ben and Katie. What I learned at this wedding is that Katie can DANCE. I hate dancing and Aaron hates dancing. We got out of it as long as we could but when everyone at the wedding is dancing it can only be avoided for so long. I kept watching Katie and wishing I could dance like her. One can only dream I guess. I was bummed that I didn't get a picture of Cody and Jen they were the photographers so I don't have any pictures of them. LAME!!

Last but not least this is my Dad asking Caleb to take out the trash. Caleb has been so great lately. He is the only one home and so he mows the lawn and does whatever my parents ask him to do. Acording to my Dad he doesn't even complain. I like this picture because my Dad is giving Him the don't mess with me look and Caleb looks scared. They are joking around but I thought it was an awesome picture. Dan is laughing in the background thankful he wasn't asked to take the trash out!


All in all a great weekend. I hate the short trips. I am sore and really tired but it was worth it. I should fly but I am too cheap. When you can rent a car and pay for gas for around $50 each there is no other way to go, right? Maybe someday I will post the video of what Sam and Dan were doing in the car at 2:00am that kept Mikila laughing for over an hour, we shall see.

5 comments:

Mr Lee said...

Wow,so cool!Wonderful blog.Coming to your blog We are very pleased to.
Nice to meet you.We upload something about the works to the blog.
We invite you to our blog.Look forward to your visit.Happy every day!

Katie M. Brown said...

thanks lanell...i felt someone watching me, but i was so concerned with trying to get ben to loosen up and dance. he is just so worried that everyone will think he is a bad dancer. anywho.. it was good to see you guys. i had fun doing your hair too!

Mikila said...

Are you kidding me woman???? My blog entry is supposed to refer to you putting that video up so you better get ta moving!!!! By the way, you look very pretty in your fuscia shirt.

Parley and Katie Call said...

I like your pictures. You do look a lot like your aunt. I still love your new hair too!

SHAN MEIER said...

we miss u already LaNell!!! u might b the coolest chick ever! the wedding was so fun but i'd really like a "do over". it went by sooooo fast and i was so busy shakin my $ maker i didnt get to do nearly enough hanging/talking...too much champagne will do that to a girl ;) anyway, miss u & love ya!!! C U SOON I HOPE....COUSIN!!!!!!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...