Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Top 10 (How things went down)

This top 10 list is in no special order (that requires to much calculating). There are some pictures attached but not 10 pictures. The pictures will somewhat determine the order because I don't have the patience to reorder them. So enjoy!

10. Driving all night. I have not done that since college and I am always so hesitant to do so. We planned on stopping but we felt good and drove the whole way. I think we were really excited to see Anthony and I will be honest I had a huge adrenalin rush from coaching that day because my team played AWESOME!

9. The Peppermint Patties: Friday morning these three ladies were all putting on some oils at my parents and the entire house smelt like peppermint. Peppermint helps with headaches. How do you not have a headache after driving all night? And so Dan coined the term the peppermint patties. I love this nickname. They tried to tell us that they nicknamed themselves the sister uglies a long time ago, but peppermint patties may be a keeper.

8. Scales. You know when you do a survey and they ask you on a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate this. Dan is the scale man but he does not just use easy scales he makes you think. An example: Someone says I love chocolate Dan then says, "On a scale from 1 to 346.78 how much would you say you love chocolate right now." They were catchy and funny and there were lots of them this trip. Eventually I taught everyone the secret of dealing with Dan when he is being ridiculous you must also be ridiculous so to the above scale an appropriate response would be 378 (Anything off of his scale would be appropriate).

7. Excitement and pure joy. There is nothing better then having a missionary return home and this was no exception. Caleb was so excited. I mean we were all excited but according to Caleb it is so hard to be the only child at home and he thinks Anthony will stick around for a little while to alleviate his pain.

6. Playing games and hanging out. Like most people I love my family and I love hanging out with everyone. It can be crazy and sometimes a little out of control but overall a very enjoyable time.

5. Ben and Katie allowing us to stay in their show apartment. It was so nice that everyone was able to have a bed.

Dear Ben and Katie, we are sorry that some things got broken (we won't mention what) but we are grateful we had a place to lay are weary heads. Please forgive us and let us stay again.
Brown Siblings

It was way fun to have all the kids staying in Chico together. late nights and laughs.

4. Seeing Alicia's ring in real life. Aaron is engaged and we (the Utah people) had not seen the bling yet.

3. Family Pictures. This experience was so fun. Who knew you could laugh so hard and have so much fun taking family pictures. I will post some when we get them back. Hopefully they turn out well.

2. Eating good food. You have to eat good when the family is together. Now I need to fast for a week but it tasted great. Hula's, Woodhouse Pizza, and Dan's chicken tacos. YUM, YUM, and YUM!

1. Attending Anthony's report to the high council. It was so great to actually hear about his mission and to hear him bear testimony. I am so glad we stayed in town a little longer for this.

5 comments:

Mikila said...

Finally looked at your blog :)!!! Llove the pictures but sad that I didn't get to see you. I am offended by the crued nature of Sam & Amanda :) Glad that you had a great time.

Amanda said...

Just keeping it real

Big Mama said...

I love reading your blog!! I just wanted to say... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you today! I hope you had a great day and hopefully I'll be reading a blog soon about what you did to celebrate the big 3-1! Love you!! Brittney

Parley and Katie Call said...

I love your list! Looks like you guys had a great time. And congrats to Aaron.

Melissa said...

Peppermint Patties is awesome!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...