Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Family Reunion

My family was in town for 10 days! It was a busy 10 days with lots of game playing, visiting, soda drinking, eating, and hanging out. My parents stayed at my house for the first two nights. Their first time actually staying with me. We woke up early on July 2nd and went to the balloon festival. My Dad likes to do things while in town so we did it!

Afterwards we went out to breakfast and went to look at Bridal Veil Falls. The canyon is so beautiful this year because we have had so much water. It really is amazing up there. Then we went to Home Depot and bought ceiling fans which my Dad taught me how to install. Two new ceiling fans in the upstairs bedrooms. They are so nice.

This trip we were able to visit with all of my Mom's family that is in Utah. That was fun as we don't see everyone very often. It was never all at once but through various barbeques and gatherings we saw lots of people. My Mom's brother Dave was down from Washington as well so we got to see their family also. Here is my Mom with 5 of her 9 living siblings (12 total). Her brother Dave is sitting down. This is his 70th birthday.

It is hard to comprehend that my Moms siblings are so old. It is crazy and you think how did that happen?

Here is my aunt Linda, aunt Nancy, and myself. We are wedged in this bench. Like no one is getting up because it was a tight squeeze. We had so many laughs this Sunday afternoon. I was totally patriotic for church Sunday July 3rd and my ward didn't sing one patriotic song. That was kind of LAME!

We ended the 3rd by playing a little croquette. Apparently my uncle Mikes family always play for his lettermans jacket. He had told me that the night before and so I told him I would bring a real jacket to play for. I brought my letter-mans jacket but I am sad to report I did not win. Next time.

4th of July Barbeque at Aunt Loralie's was also a hit. I didn't take as many photos but again a great opportunity to see and visit family. We also played some bocce ball, which I forgot is quite fun!

Me and my Dad chilling on the porch swing. I had to cut Aaron out of this picture because he seriously looked like a goof in every single shot.

My first time eating cake balls and they were delicious. I am not a huge cake fan but my cousin Heather made these and they were soooo good.

My Aunt Nancy provided fireworks on the 4th, I don't have any pictures, but they were a hit. Ben and Katie also bought some fireworks and they let them off at my house on the 5th.

Here is Dan dancing behind the fireworks. I have not laughed so hard in a long time. He is hilarious. It was so funny to watch.

On the 7th, 8th, and 9th we headed up the Heber Canyon to a cabin up there. It was an amazing cabin it had plenty of room for everyone and it was great to have a huge kitchen area as well as a large area to play games.

Eating all together was actually one of my favorite activities it was nice to just sit down together and have dinner. We always had dinner together growing up and it was just fun to eat and visit. I am not sure how it ended up this way but the boys and girls all ended up on opposite sides at the table.

Family pictures. My cousin Cody and a friend were traveling through Utah while we were at the cabin and so they stayed a couple nights with us. Good timing.

Sometimes I just need to punch Dan and then I feel better about life . . . just kidding.

We were all a little bitter that Anthony didn't make it. Three years in a row. Two years he was on his mission which is understandable, this year not so much.

Olivia's face sums it up: the cabin was fun. We stayed up way too late playing games and we ate way too much food but hey it is vacation.

I watched Olivia on Sunday while Ben and Katie were visiting friends. I volunteered and man I have not been so tired in a long time. That girl has got some energy, but she is so cute. She calls me Nell which is adorable. She will call for me and then totally be shy and not let me hold her . . punk. It was so fun to spend the day with her. I think these are carrot crumbs on her face because obviously I wouldn't feed her chips:)

Everyone took off Monday morning and I headed to Park City for a two day PE conference. I went to a resistance band training on Monday and I definitely ripped some new muscles on my inner thighs. They are so sore. It has been a busy summer so far and I am looking forward to a little down time.

1 comment:

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

It makes me feel good that you who are like super woman said you were tired after hanging out with a toddler. Maybe I'm not such a wimp...okay I still am. :)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...