Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference

Conference weekend has become a time for good food and getting together as a family. I love it!

I watched the Saturday morning session at home and screamed for joy when they announced that Provo is getting a new temple.

So exciting and so needed. I waited in the chapel for almost 45 minutes last week just to get into a session in the evening. It is one busy temple. It was so crazy. I thought President Monson was going to announce that it would be rebuilt, which it is, but as a temple. So cool. That was definitely exciting news. I was also really excited to hear about the new fund to donate money to help people get to the temple. What an amazing idea? Inspiration is GREAT!

After the morning session I headed up to Nancy's and we watched the afternoon session together with my sister in law Amanda.

In the evening we (Nancy, Amanda, and I) met up with my cousin Katie and her mom Loralie and went to this movie:

Love this movie. I have seen it three times. That is a record for me but it is so cute and I always go with really fun people so I can't say no. My favorite movie lines . . . well close to, I am sure I am miss quoting them.
  1. "Honey no husband wants to come home to a wife with that on her face"
  2. "Your eggs are dying," said to Skeeter by her mother at age 23
  3. "Ain't no boy gonna marry you from Jackson so you run your butt to New York, not walk."
  4. "I can't remember my name but there are two things I can't seem to forget: One my own daughter put me in a nursing home and two you ate Minnie's poop."
There are so many more but that will do for now. I love the movie and it was super fun to have a girls night out.

Today we made ableskeevers for breakfast. Ableskeevers with cream cheese in the middle, they are to die for. I mean cream cheese really only makes food better, in my opinion.

and a bunch of fall food for lunch/dinner. Oh and peach/raspberry ice cream for a snack. All the food was awesome.

And it looked very nice.

Lots of comfort food. The soul gets comfort from general conference and our bodies get comfort from all the yummy food.

I did love General Conference. I felt like the Book of Mormon was the theme of the conference. There were lots of talks about it. I know this book is true. I love it and have seen its' power in my own life and in the lives of others.

There were also a couple of talks on trails and tribulations. We all have them. And that Heavenly Father is aware of us as individuals and he wants to bless us. I always feel good after talks like that and there were a couple of them and I really appreciated them.

And seriously am I the only one that was not aware that I Am A Child of God has a beautiful 4th verse. The tabernacle choir did an awesome job with that song. I loved it.

I really feel like I need another day off before I head back to work.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

"You is kind. You is smart. You is important." Thanks for all your thoughts on general conference. I loved it too.

Nancy Webb said...

Your camera made the food look good! I love having you guys up for conference. What a remarkable weekend. I feel so refreshed and ready to get back to it. I wish I had one more day as well. Thanks for everything.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...