Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Grandpa's Funeral

 The main reason I returned to California again this summer was because my Grandpa Brown passed away. As sad as it is, it is also great to get to see everyone. My immediate family was going to get together in July already but getting to see all of our extended family was a huge bonus.

The funeral was really nice. There was time allotted for people to share their memories about my grandpa and I think that was my favorite part because lots of people from the town where they lived as well as his siblings and cousins shared stories I had never heard. It is funny to learn more about him because it makes me see how similar he and my dad are. Don't get me wrong they are really different but also so similar. My grandpa was really hard working, he loved to joke around, he worked all day and then came home and worked more, he could fix anything, he was loyal to his family, he provided for his family, he loved his garden...sound familiar:)

And I almost died laughing right there at the funeral when my uncle Peter showed up wearing Velcro shoes, the exact pair my dad and grandpa wear.It does run in the family. I can't wait for my brothers to start wearing Velcro shoes.

Here is my grandma and all four of her kids
Her kids and their spouses
 All of her 10 grand kids. I was so happy everyone could make it!
 Her three great grand kids. Little Autumn hates pictures, as you can see from the one I did get, she refused to join the great grand kids shot. But she is adorable.


 Her oldest daughter Janice and her family. I will also add that Janice housed all of the Brown's for the funeral, no small task. It was much appreciated.

 My Dad is the second child. He is the one with all of those big boys to hopefully carry on the family name.
 Apparently we all need to check each others bags before we go to a funeral. Here is what we forgot: My mom forgot her shoes, Sam forgot his shoes, Ben forgot church clothes and didn't have any pants, Anthony left all of his clothes in Aaron's car when it broke down on the way to the funeral. That is a lot of things to forget. The great thing is that it does not matter. The most important thing was that we were there for my grandma and my dad. Which we were despite how we were dressed.
 My brothers make me laugh.
 All of the Brown kids. I love being around my brothers it is the only time I ever feel small, obviously I love being around them for other reasons as well.
I didn't get an individual shot of my Dad's brother Peter who is the third child. And last but not least Virginia and her son Cody.
 Our extended family has faced a number of challenges the past few years and I just love how we support each other. Trials come to everyone but it is so great when you have a support system. Family is so important and my grandpa and grandma believed that and because of the way they lived their kids and grand kids believe it as well.

And my favorite little girl.



1 comment:

Parley and Katie Call said...

GREAT family pictures! Funerals are sad but so joyous when you get to reminisce with family. Your niece is so sweet and OLD! They grow up too fast, don't they???

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...