Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, December 9, 2013

Getting Adjusted

Basketball season is in full swing and I am finally feeling normal. It isn't easy but I have a schedule that seems to work figured out. If I am not available and you are concerned assume I am at basketball.
The varsity girls are 3-0 which is awesome. It has been fun and rewarding to coach older girls. The JV girls are 2-1. This week we play two good teams so it should stretch us a little bit.

Last week I kicked the Christmas season off right with Anthony, watching Elf. Love that movie.
 The weather in Utah is CRAZY! The week of Thanksgiving it was in the 70's most days, last week it didn't get out of the teens three days. We also got dumped on in the snow department. The cold temperatures and the snow reminded me to revisit treadmill exercise for Moki. I am not a master teacher because she is still scared to death. It was better this time. We conquered a few minutes at 2 MPH.
She did better when I wasn't on the treadmill with her.

I would love to be able to let her get her run done on the treadmill, especially on cold days. This morning we ran and the temperature was 5 degrees. It took ten minutes just to not be in pain every time I took a breath.

Saturday after spending the entire day doing basketball stuff Moki and I finally made it out for a four mile run. We just ran up the canyon. The path was covered in snow. We were the only ones which is nice because I could let Moki off leash.

 I made cookies for Dan and Joel's wassail party. These are the best cookies ever. I only make them once a year. So yummy!
 Anthony and Samanda and crew came over for Sunday dinner.
I took a couple cute pictures.
 This little dude was hamming it up for the camera.
We decided his parents should get in on the action
He crawled away when he decided he was done.

I love this time of year. It is crazy busy but I love trying to find the perfect gift, I love spending more time reflecting on the Savior, I love Christmas music, and I love time off of work.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...