Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Last of the wedding Pictures

I wanted to wrap up my posts about Aaron's wedding. Nancy, Loralie, Katie and I traveled from Utah together. It was a fun girls car. We did a lot of traveling that weekend. It took me an entire week before I felt recovered. I was a little sick as well and so I think that also slowed me down. I finally started feeling better on Friday.

The Saturday after the Oroville reception we hopped in the car and headed to Visalia California for another reception. Visalia is 6 hours away from Oroville. We left in the morning, stopped at the hospital, met up with the boys for lunch, and then finally ended up in Visalia. It is 6 hours south on HWY 99. It was raining like crazy when we got down there, this was a problem because the reception was outside. Luckily we got everything set up and the rain went away during the reception. It was chilly though and so none of us put on our nice clothes, we are white trash like that:)

The outdoor tent looked great with all the lights and lanterns.
There were a couple fire pits to roast marshmallows and stay warm. We spent a lot of time huddled around them. Another reason not to wear our fancy clothes.
 Two little boys loved roasting marshmallows but refused to eat them. Stinkers!

 Emerson hung out with me for a little while.

 The kids were over the reception and so my cousin Katie and I attempted to entertain them away from the guests. More Katie than me, she is great with little kids. We went on a walk. Our walk turned into a zombie walk because Braxton demanded that we do that. Who has ever even heard of a Zombie walk? Not me. Basically I waled in Zombie mode and chased the three year old boys. When they shined their lantern on me I had to freeze. It was actually really fun and a little crazy. It kept them entertained for awhile so that was a win.
After the reception my mom, Nancy, Loralie, Katie and I drove as far as we could and then got a hotel. We made it to Modesto. We got a room and slept in. The next morning we had to head back to Utah. We stopped in Sacramento again and saw my dad and then hopped in the car and drove all day. Blah!!! I am so over that trip. It was a short and fun weekend. Love my family!

Here are a few more pictures I enjoyed that I wanted to post from the trip.

My mom looked beautiful.
  Hanging out while they take pictures.
 My favorite kids.
 Olivia sure loved on Emerson this trip. You can tell she is ready for a baby at her house. Only one more week sweetie.
 Sam's cute little family!
 Caleb with his long and flowing hair.
 And Emerson eating Amanda's shoulder. He does that a lot these days.
It really was a great day. During the sealing President Papa talked about that because of the atonement my dad could be a part of the ceremony because of the covenants he has made. I am not quoting it directly. But it was a sweet moment. To realize that even though my dad was sick in a hospital bed this moment with his entire immediate family in the temple would be made up to him. I don't know I don't understand how it all works but I do know that while he missed the wedding and that is really sad the atonement covers those feelings and because of Jesus Christ it will all be ok. And I know he would not have wanted his entire immediate family to be anywhere else at that moment in time!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...