Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, January 11, 2016

Wedding day hospital stop

My Dad has been struggling since he got the sepsis. This last week they finally started waking him up again but he is back to square one. Talk about heart breaking. I visited him on Thursday when we came into town and it was so hard. It is just a really hard place. And I just feel so much love for him and my family and wish that it could be easier. But for now it isn't. And that is ok. Hard but ok. I spent a few hours crying on Thursday. Crying that my dad was still so sick, crying that we were all in town and he was stuck in a stupid hospital, crying that he was missing Aaron's wedding, crying for Aaron that he was missing his wedding....so yeah I cried a lot. I think I really needed those tears to come out though because Friday the hospital visit was great.

Friday was the first time that we have been allowed to enter his room not wearing hospital gowns and gloves. He had MRSA in his trach site and as a precaution we had to suit up to see him. The MRSA is thankfully gone and so is the sepsis.

All the gradkids got to come in and say hi. They all handled it so well. Braxton and Andrew even came back in. It is no easy task seeing your grandpa hooked up to a million machines and so sick in bed.

It's the first time he has really been able to talk since he had sepsis. His voice was quiet because he had to talk over the ventilator, but he did it for the whole visit.

We really overwhelmed him. OOPS! We just were so excited and for some reason it is easier to talk to him and not be sad when we are all there.
 My brothers were so great with him. Holding his hand, talking to him and just letting him feel their love. I think he was a little confused that we were all there. He grabbed Dan by the arm and pulled him in close and asked if he was dying. All of us in church clothes surrounding his bed was a little overwhelming. Dan assured him that he was not dying but he had some fighting to do. I watched the conversation from the side and Dan handled it so well. We told him Aaron got married. He looked a little sad and frustrated and then he asked if it was in the temple. We said yes and he just looked so relieved and said good. We told him president Papa did the sealing and he said good.
He asked my brothers to give him a blessing and wanted my mom and I to be there as well. What a sweet and special experience. The love I felt for my family at that tender moment was amazing. And if I am honest I could not even hear the blessing. By this time we had gotten him all worked up and so only Sam and Caleb were in the room and the rest of us watched/listened from the hall. The spirit was strong and I just know Heavenly Father loves that man and the love my dad has for his family was felt.

Aaron and Jacklyn came by the hospital after we all left. They also had a great visit with my dad. My aunt Virginia finally kicked them out because my dad needed to rest and they had a reception to get to.

This visit was a tender mercy from the Lord. I visited my Dad on Saturday and Sunday and he did not communicate as well or respond as well on either day. He just was so alert and talkative on Friday which was a huge blessing for our family.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This post made me cry. Your family is so sweet. Love you guys!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...