Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Snowshoeing

I love to snowshoe when the weather cooperates. Last year the weather never really did cooperate so this year has already been great for outdoor winter activities. Because it is a long weekend I really wanted to take Andrew snowshoeing at some point this weekend. Saturday worked best and his mom wanted to join us. It was me, Amanda and the two boys ready for an afternoon of adventure. We had so much fun. Luckily we were all easy going because I learned with two little ones in tow it is good not to have any expectations. We had tons of fun but it was a lot of work. Moki came as well. I love spending time with these people.

Andrew started off trying out snowshoes.
 He was pretty much adorable. The weather was perfect, lightly snowing.
 We went up Millcreek canyon. It is close to their house and they allow dogs so that worked out well.
 Andrew was not fast in the snowshoes but he was so cute to watch. He trekked a few hundred yards or so and then was ready to ride in the backpack. I will say we went later in the afternoon so he was pretty tired. I think he could have gone further in the morning.

Dan saw this picture and said Andrew should not be allowed to be so cute. Obviously I agree. There is something about him peeking around my shoulder in this picture that kills me.
 And then there is this guy.
 It really was a nice afternoon that got us all outdoors. I am so glad we had no expectations because it was a great afternoon.

 Emerson is such a sweetie.
 A scenery shot.
 All done.
 It was a great way to spend my Saturday. I had played stake basketball in the morning and done a few chores before heading to Salt lake. I spent the day up there. By the time I got home I was exhausted. I almost didn't set my alarm because I went to be before 11 and I thought there is no way I will sleep later than 6 or 7. At the last moment I did set it for 8am. Good thing because I still hit snooze before waking up. I slept great and slipped in a little late for 9am church....oops. Thank goodness there is another day to rest before going back to work!



No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...