Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christmas Eve

I felt like we had a magical Christmas Eve. It was so amazing to spend time with family, read the scriptures, eat good food, open presents, visit, and sing carols. Sam and Amanda hosted which was so nice. We all piggy backed off their Christmas traditions because they have some things they do with their boys. It was their cute family, my mom, Dan, Anthony, Caleb, Aunt Nancy and me.

We got to their house around dinner time. We had Salmon and tri tip, my mom's famous Christmas jello salad, funeral potatoes, rolls, and some veggies.
 The boys were so excited!!! They open all their presents on Christmas Eve so there was lots of anticipation. I mean Andrew tried to talk me into letting him open a present every time he was at my house in December. It's so hard to wait when you a re a kid!
 After dinner we cleaned up the table and then got ready for our Christmas Eve program. This is a creepy pano I took.
We started by playing name that Christmas tune. Once we named the tune we would sing the song. The boys led the music while Amanda was at the piano. It was really nice to have a piano player.
We sang a bunch of Christmas songs. It was really fun. Then we read the Christmas story in Luke 2. Then we opened presents. Anthony captures all of these pictures. I just stole them!












 It really was a magical evening. I loved every minute of it. We visited and put together toys. It started to snow around 8:30pm so we decided it was time to head home. It was truly on of the best Christmas Eves I have had. I felt gratitude and love and peace. And then we got to wake up to a white Christmas the next morning, after we slept in because presents were done!

This last picture is Emerson on Christmas day. It captures everything I love about this age. I have said for a while now that age 2-3 is my favorite with my nieces and nephews. He is definitely at the funnest stage. He is simply the best!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...