Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, December 31, 2017

#LIGHTTHEWORLD

Thu Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints does an awesome December campaign called Light the World. It encourages you to do an act of service everyday leading up to Christmas. I tried to do it this year. It was harder than I anticipated, mainly because there is quite a bit of planning involved. I made a list of one thing I could do everyday before it started to help me get things done. It especially helped when I shopped on the weekends in case there were things I needed to purchase. I didn't do everyday but I did quite a few things. I even took pictures of a few of the things.



Here are the things I did:
donated water to a shelter
hosted a fmaily dinner
got to know a new neighbor
called my parents
Made a child feel special
visit a nursing home
brighten someones day
make a meal for a family
donate old clothes
ease the burden of a struggling family
reach out to someone with an illness
organize a social gathering

It looks like I did about half of the days. I wanted to post what I did because next year I want to try and do more. I also want to try and do things monthly not just in December. I love this idea though. It really helped me work to do something everyday which I appreciated. Christmas can be a long hard season for a lot of people and I just hope that maybe a couple of the things I did helped brighten someones day. I know it brightened mine, which is the magic of service!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...