Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, August 4, 2019

California!!!!!

My time in California felt so busy, which I like, but man I was sooo tired afterwards. It started with a family barbecue in Redding at my cousin Cody's. I got to meet his wife Jen. All my dads siblings were there, my grandma, Ben and Katelyn came, as well as me and my mom. We also took gifts for Jen who will be having a baby boy pretty soon. By the time I biked in the morning, my mom and I shopped for a gift, did the barbecue, and then stopped and saw Aaron and Jacklyn on the way home it was a very full and busy day.

Next was Sunday. My mom and I went to church in Oroville. Then Aaron and Jacklyn came over for dinner. Then I went to Lodi and picked up Olivia, Braxton and Katelyn. They were going to spend the week with me while their parents worked. We got back to Oroville in time to got o bed!

Monday we woke up early because that is what Ben's kids do:) Olivia helped me make pancakes and then I went on a bike ride. Then all the kids and me headed to Chico to swim with Jacklyn. Aaron and Jacklyn have a nice pool at their apartment. We swam for a couple of hours. Jacklyn was awesome and jumped in with them over and over and over again.
 Braxton and Olivia were trying to be funny and not jump in. They jumped over and over and over.
 I hate getting my hair wet. LAME I know, but I enjoyed watching them!
This picture of Katelyn is my favorite. How did Ben make a child this adorable??????????? She is also at the actual funnest stage. She is so cute and loving and just the best.
After swimming we headed back to Oroville. Had lunch, changed are clothes and then headed to Willits to stay with Jan and Lou. Jan and Lou were so kind to let us come. They had a delicious dinner ready for us when we arrived. The kids and I slept in their new trailer, which the kids LOVED!!!!

Tuesday Lou and Jan took us on a picnic outing to Montgomery Woods. This is a redwood forest close to their home. We did an easy 2-3 mile hike and had a picnic in the middle of the hike. The kids all did a great job. The trees were huge and made it so we were pretty much in the shade the entire time.

 Love thee kids so much!

 Braxton is so handsome and ALL boy!!!!!
 It was a beautiful day to be out.
We headed back to Jan and Lou's after the hike. We stopped and bought ice cream because it was national vanilla ice cream day????? My grandma came up to Jan and Lou's for dinner. We visited and played Old Maid. Old Maid was the game of choice this trip. The kids were tired from playing hard all day and they were all asleep by 9pm. Win for me!




No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...