Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

I am staying sane . . . . BARELY!

 Man, 2020 has seriously been the craziest year. And it's only half over! I don't know that anyone was prepared for what we have been forced to navigate the past few moths. I know I was not prepared. I have learned a lot about myself, not all good things:)

I have truly been grateful for the opportunity to take the Sacrament each week. I have never felt so much peace and comfort as I have had the opportunity to participate in that sacred ordinance. Thankfully I have been able to participate with a small group of mid-single people from my ward. Randal, Stephanie and Katie have kept me feeling the spirit and a little connected the past three months.I am so grateful for each of them and the examples they set for me.

This year I started a Come Follow Me study group. That truly was inspired. I am so grateful I listened and followed the prompting to start that group. It has allowed me to grow in my gospel knowledge and have a place, in person or through zoom, to connect with other saints. That has also been a life-saver.

I learned I HATE living alone. I mean I love living alone when I work and coach all day, but living alone when I am home all day everyday is the absolute worst. That has been a really hard thing for me to navigate. I quarantined really well for three weeks but then I came out. I was struggling. As the weather improved that allowed me to spend more time outside hiking and biking, which helped, but still not having social interaction on a daily basis has been so hard. Turns out I should not just be alone with my thoughts all day.

This leads to the pictures I am putting with this post. These are the things and people that have kept me sane in 2020. I don't have pictures of every adventure but seriously these people have saved me.


Hiking and biking with Erica and Jana! It is so fun to workout with some of my oldest and best friends. I love these girls.
 The early morning views up the American Fork Canyon were awesome!
We biked from Erica's up the Provo canyon. It was 30 miles.
 I don't have pictures of all the stuff we have done but it was really nice to start to see these girls again. I missed them!
Behka White and I hike Horsetail Falls. I love that hike. We got up and at it early and it was a great way to start the day. I have seriously loved working with Behka this year. It has been the best!
 Jana and I tried are hand at Mt. Biking. It is so hard and exhausting. We had fun but we definitely need practice.
 Other people I have been spending time with: Jacquie Carter and I have been hiking twice a week. Since my schedule has been flexible we have been able to do longer hikes. She is a GREAT listener and just such a good friend. I appreciate her so much.

Amber and I have biked and hiked also. Because we tend to do so much together I am not always good at getting pictures.

Randal and I took walks, have hiked and Mt biked during quarantine. It is hard to be alone and it has been great to have another person to enjoy the outdoors with.

These little windows of time when I am outdoors with others is what is keeping me sane. I am so grateful I live in Utah and have access to unlimited recreation. I am also grateful my body can still enjoy the activities I love. It is going to be a different summer but if I can keep enjoying the outdoors I know I will survive.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...