Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, July 27, 2020

First Part of California . . . . Lodi!!!

Andrew came to California with me!!!!!! It was very exciting and oh so fun. I was a little nervous because we were going to be gone for 10 days. That is a long time to be gone from your mom when you are seven. Homeboy rocked it like a champion. I was so surprised at how awesome he did. We had tons of fun, which helped I am sure, but he did so great. He was an awesome little traveler. It definitely made the trip way more fin for me!

We kept his mom updated on our driving progress. We stopped in Elko and had Costa Vida for lunch and then in Lovelock to walk and get gas.

We drove straight to Lodi so that was nice. We got there in time to see Ben and Katie's family before the kids went to sleep. We were able to visit, play basketball, and do a little biking. Basically burn some energy before we go to bed. My mom also met us in Lodi. My mom, Andrew and I stayed at a hotel while there.

July 3rd was Braxton's baptism. It was such a nice service and really fun to be able to be a part of it.

  These cute boys both turn 8 this year!
 Ben and Katie's family.
I woke up early before the baptism and went on a great bike ride through the winery area of Lodi. It was so nice. After the baptism we hung out at Ben and Katie's for the day. In the evening Ben and I took the kids swimming at the hotel. It was nice and we had the pool to ourselves.

On July 4th we went on an awesome bike ride. The weather was nice and somewhat cool in the morning. Ben, Katie, Olivia, Braxton, Andrew and myself all rode around Lodi lake. It was really fun. It is nice that the kids all do so well on their bikes now that they are older.
 My mom and Katelyn did not go on the bike ride. they went on a walk. Katelyn isn't quite ready for group rides.
 After the bike ride we hung out at Ben's. The kids played and we visited.

I snuck away with Katelyn and we went to a church parking lot to practice biking. She is getting the hang of it she is just a little dramatic. Like she freaks out and squeals. She is so funny! It was hot and she got sooo tired.

 In the evening we headed over to their friends house to celebrate the 4th. There was a nice bbq and we did some fun fireworks. It was a nice day.

 July 5th was Sunday. We started the morning off doing church with Ben's family. It was really nice to take the sacrament together and talk about the gospel. After we just spent time hanging out. The mornings are really nice in Lodi so we hung out outside and visited before it got too warm.

The kids were still enjoying their 4th of July memorabilia. 
 It got hot in the afternoon so my mom and I took the kids to the hotel to swim. Katelyn hung out in the shallow end so I didn't get a picture. Next year she will be jumping in with the big kids.

 Ben made an awesome Sunday dinner. It was sooo good. It was a nice Sabbath day spent with family!

July 6th we went to White Pine Lake. This is a lake about an hour from Ben and Katie's. It was awesome. There was a great beach to play. We kayaked and paddle boarded all afternoon. Ben could grill food right on the beach. We spent most of the day there swimming and visiting. It was so fun.

I let Olivia paddle me around!
 Katie and Katelyn

 There was also a fun rope swing on the opposite side of the lake. We paddle boarded over to it. Andrew and Braxton played on the swing until their hands were too sore to hold on. It was so fun to watch. they also got much better as they practiced.


We all left the lake a little sun burned and tired. It was a fun day. Back at Ben and Katie's we had street tacos. So yumnmy! Then my mom and I took Andrew, Olivia, Braxton and Katelyn to Oroville for the night so we could start our next adventure!


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...