Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

JuNe HaPpEnInGs

 Anthony and I have been making hiking on Saturdays a more regular thing. One Saturday we attempted to hike lakes Mary, Martha, Dog and Catherine. We did not make it too Catherine, too much snow. It was a beautiful morning though.
Mandatory hiking selfies
I think Anthony is hiking with me so much so he can get his picture on my wall:) We will see what happens!

Another Saturday we hiked up the Aspen Grove Trail. We went up 2.5 miles and just got some really nice views of the many waterfalls. It is still too early to get to the top of Timpanogos without specialty gear. It was not too crowded but it was VERY hot!

One evening Shaanta, Jamie, Emily and I went shooting. I have not been shooting since high school. I did not love it. I think I will do it again but it was weird to have a little bit of an emotional reaction. I am not sure why, especially since I grew up around guns. I didn't participate in the shooting for quite awhile but I did eventually shoot the gun before I left.
I bought a new bike. Heaven help me. I definitely LOVE it. It is awesome. I definitely did not need it. I had not bought a road bike since 2007. This new one has lots of upgrades and I have already put a ton of miles on it. I don't love the color but I didn't get to be picky. It's a 2017 specialized ruby expert. I always buy bikes that are older because they are also much cheaper. I have been biking so much and I love it.
 I have biked with Julia Stanger from work, Amber Ellis, Jana and Erica. Erica also got a new road bike so it has been fun to get out with her. One Friday I went up to Brigham City, Than and Erica were there for a softball tournament, and we did a 30 mile bike ride. It was so pretty. I love biking in different places.

 Randall and I have also been Mountain Biking a couple of times. he is a way better mountain biker than me so it is always a good workout. It is fun to try something new even though I am terrible at it.

 Moki and I have been getting out when we can. I have definitely devoted this summer to biking but we still hike. We are hiking in the morning with Jacquie Carter on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We also fit in little trips to the shoreline trail. We have hiked also hike with Toni Carlson, Randall, Anthony Katie Pretlow and Stephanie Wood.

One Sunday morning on the Bonneville Shoreline trail . . . .
 Katie, Stephanie and I hiked Silver Lake. That is one of my most favorite hikes. We went early and it happened to be a very cool morning. It was in the 50's at the lake. We didn't swim or stay long. Of course Moki had to swim:)

This picture is from the parking lot at Silver Lake Flat.
 Moki always wanting to swim no matter the temperature.


 Silver Lake is one of my all time favorite hikes. I just love it so much! I wish the drive to get to it was not so long.

I am 40 years old and I forgot to reapply my sunscreen. That is seriously so obnoxious. I got sunburned and it was miserable. The day at the pond with Jana, Michelle, Amanda and all their kids was so fun but this burn was awful.
 My ward also had our first Sunday back at church. It was split into three different Sacrament meetings so it was different but I felt like it deserved a post. At home church has been fine since I have had a chance to take the sacrament with friends but I miss seeing everyone at church.
 My Grandma turned 90 on June 12th. Isn't that crazy???? Due to covid there was not much we could do to celebrate her in person. Her children all went and celebrated with her but big family outings were out of the question. I got a bunch of pictures printed for her. The two below are two of my favorites. I did not take them they were emailed to me by my siblings.
 Just in case you thought Moki was done sleeping on my bed.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...