Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Fall Fun

 September was a busy month. School is in full swing. I am busy coaching cross country. It is still really hot so I am exhausted after work. This year was busy with all those things. Throw in teaching online and in person, having family visit, hosting sleep overs, keeping the house clean and trying to exercise and time really flies.

Aaron and Jacklyn came to town. We were excited for them to visit. They were going to hang out with us for a couple of days and then head down to St. George for a wedding in Jacklyn's family. So we had a yummy dinner the night they arrived. We visited and played games. It was fun.

The next day towards the end of school I got a call that Aaron had tested positive for corona virus. He is mandatory tested every two weeks . . . . . . ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!! I was so mad. Mostly mad because California was trying to say I had to quarantine for 14 days. That would have been a nightmare. It was also super lame because Aaron wasn't sick at all, had not been sick, and many people at his work had previously been retested because of false positives. SO ANNOYING. Since he was in Utah he did not retest. After being on the phone for what felt like 10 hours but was actually closer to 6 the state of Utah decided I could quarantine for two school days and the three day weekend, then if Aaron still had no symptoms and I had no symptoms I could return to work.  I spent some more time with Aaron and Jacklyn. We did an outdoor hike. I didn't want to get too close just in case:)

We hiked Stewart Falls. Short, easy and dog friendly.

I did some biking up the canyon alone and with Julia Stanger, a co-worker, on a couple different occasions. I just love the fall colors. They never disappoint!

 Heading down from South Fork. Love seeing this view of Timpanogos.



I am loving my new bike. It has been so fun. I biked so many miles this year which has been awesome. The most I have biked since I got Moki!


As you can see fall was showing off.

Anthony and I spent a Sunday afternoon on the Alpine Loop. We drove up to Aspen Grove. We hiked some of Stewart Falls, not all of it. I strained my calf muscle two days before so I was not walking very well yet, but I wanted to see the colors. It felt like the entire state of Utah had the same idea. It was soooo crowded but it was also beautiful!

Anthony took this picture of Moki and it is a favorite. I love that pup.

The colors were amazing.
Such a nice Sunday.
This jacket came in handy when I needed to blend in with the trees:)
Teaching in 2020 is all about the masks.
But my gym got refinished and I LOVE IT!!!! The floors are way lighter, they repainted the walls, added new mats and replaced the trim. It is so great to walk into everyday.
Anthony and I on another fall hike. We tried to hike scout falls but there was no parking so we did another little trail.
Anthony wanted Chinese food one Friday night. I was the only sibling available. He ordered enough food for a small army:)
I had a sleepover with just Emerson and Audrey. It was so fun. It started with me giving them the winter coats I got them. I love this pink Eskimo.
I let Emerson choose everything we did. We played games, watched wild krats, played at the park, built forts, ate pizza. It was so fun. Usually he has to compete with Andrew for what we do. It was fun for him to be in control.

September was a busy, fun month. And I am happy to report I thought in person school would only last two weeks. It has been going strong. We have had a number of kids quarantined but school has remained open!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...