Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Mt. Timpanogos

 Two years ago Toni Carlson, Julia Stanger, Jaycee Carlson and I hiked Timp together. It was really fun so we wanted to try to do it again. I had to cancel on our original day because I hurt my calf. That was  a bummer. I was a little worried that if we postponed I wouldn't get to the top this year. Luckily Toni and Jaycee joined me a couple weeks after my initial injury and we made it to the top. Toni's older daughter Kelsey also joined us. It was a fun, long day. Hiking Timp is always long.

It was general conference weekend so we headed to the trailhead after the morning session of conference. This was the latest I have ever started hiking Timp. Latest in the season and the latest time of day. It was October 3rd and we started hiking around 12:30pm. This year has been so hot. I thought it would be chilly on the mountain but it wasn't. It was really hot. The fall colors were amazing.

 

We stopped and took quite a few pictures because the colors were amazing.

Fall is such a great time to hike this mountain
The dogs were in heaven. Moki knows the way to the top of this mountain.

 

Selfies on the top! Finally made it.


It is also fulfilling to stand on the top of a mountain, especially after a long hike.

This was a great hiking group. I enjoyed the company and the pace.
We ended up hiking down quite a ways in the dark. That was new for me but it wasn't bad. I thought I would hate it. It worked out well. Luckily it was a very warm day so we weren't even cold. Didn't need our jackets. We got back to the car around 10pm. It was a long and exhausting day. My calf was really tight but other than that it was so fun. I am so glad I got it in this year.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...