Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Kings Peak!!!!!

 I have wanted to get to Kings Peak for a few years. This year Cyndee and I made it! It was an awesome three day weekend and I was so happy to finally check that off my bucket list of Utah hikes I want to do. We went over Labor Day weekend and it was awesome. We left Saturday morning. We didn't wake up super early. It was nice to get an extra night in our own beds. We had lunch in Evanston and got to the trailhead around 1. We hiked in 8 miles to set up camp. We got there with plenty of daylight before bed. It was a great first day.

Taking a breather 5 miles in.

So happy to get to camp for the night.

Moki was all tuckered out. She probably didn't need the leash. She wasn't looking to go anywhere.
It was a beautiful evening.

The next morning we woke up and started the long hike to the summit. We hiked 16 miles round trip and it took most of the day. Luckily the weather was amazing.

On top of Gunsight pass!

I love when Moki is hot and thirsty and we get to water. She lays in it and drinks at the same time. So funny to watch.
We waited for Cyndee before we attempted the summit. Moki was all tuckered out so she slept on some rocks. I was so happy I did this long day hike with my chair. It came in handy!
On the summit Moki took another nap:)
The top of Utah
I was excited to finally accomplish this.


Getting to the top of the summit was different than any other hike I have done. The last mile there is no trail. There are all these giant rocks. You know the general direction and you just kind of climb up and towards the summit. Moki did awesome going up this section. Going down was a lot harder for her. At first she didn't want to try. After some coaxing she came down on her own. She was so tired when we got back to camp. She was also so sore. I felt so bad for her Monday morning. We made it back to camp just before dark. It was a long day of hiking. 16 miles in the books that day!

Monday morning we took our time. We just had to hike the 8 miles back to the car. Surprisingly I felt really good. I had one blister but I was not sore. Poor Moki was so sore. It was so hard to watch her hike. The boulders on the summit did her in. I felt bad making her hike out but obviously there was no other option.

She spent the morning sleeping in camp while Cyndee and I had breakfast and packed up. Poor pup did not want to move.

I felt so bad making her walk she looked so uncomfortable.

It was a beautiful day once the sun came up.

The trip was a success. It was a fun and exhausting weekend.
Moki was pretty sore for the next couple of days. In hindsight I would not summit with her again. I think she was so sore from repeatedly jumping down the boulders. She handled it like a champ but paid the price for a few days after. She was almost 8 at the time. I forget she is getting old. It makes me so sad!




No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...