Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

January

 January is always a hard month. It is hard to go back to work after Christmas break. It's hard because it is still dark in the mornings and evenings when I am driving to and from work. It is hard because it is FREEZING! It is hard because basketball season is still happening and I am tired. All the things make it hard. I do look forward for the opportunity to get outside on the weekends. Amber and I have hiked up Rock Canyon every weekend so far. It has been great. Anthony even joined us last Saturday.

Covid cases are really high again and so school shut down Friday and Tuesday to give everyone five days off in a row, school was already closed Monday for Martin Luther King Day. It was nice to catch up on rest and housework. I was even able to schedule a temple trip which was awesome. Friday during the day I hiked up Slate Canyon with Moki. I saw a crazy paw print on the trail.

The canyon has bears and cougars. This one looks cougarish. YIKES!
Anthony is good about making sure we always take a picture. Here we are at the Rock Canyon lookout. Amber and I hike every week and never take pictures, we should be better about it:)
We hiked 6 miles. They aren't super steep but we hike fast and so it is always a great workout.
After I was taking a nap and then Erica texted and wanted to hike. We met up and hiked the G with Moki and her new dog Archie. It was awesome. I was super tired after two hikes. It makes me feel my age when I do things like that. We hiked as the sun was setting. It was beautiful. There was a huge herd of deer grazing up by the G so that was fun to see, although it did make it so I had to keep Moki on a leash. The dogs did great and it was good to see Erica.


Tomorrow I am back at school as normal. Hopefully we will have less absences and start to get into a rhythm with this new semester. 


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...