Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, October 30, 2022

October

 I am going to some up the basics of October here, then I will make posts about some of the bigger happenings. It has finally started to cool down. This fall has been so so HOT! I survived cross country season, mutual on Wednesdays, fall break and hiking. It was a busy month but also a great one!

Andrew and I went to the Broadway musical The Lion King. We had to run from the car to the theater and then up four flights of stairs to get there on time:) It was such a fun night. The costumes, props and music were all amazing. It was a late night but it was so fun to spend it with this awesome kid. It was his birthday present. I can't believe he turns 10 this year!


One Sunday I grabbed Nancy and we went for a drive up the canyon. The leaves were absolutely amazing. Everyone else had the same idea, it was super crowded but it was a fun Sunday evening.




 


Moki and I got out and hiked some evenings after work. The end of the month even allowed us some snow hiking after a storm blew through one day. I love the cooler temperatures. They are perfect for hiking.

Appreciating the sunset coming out of rock canyon

Slate Canyon. Usually we hike this in the dark on Tuesday and Thursday mornings so it was fun to see the fall colors during the day.


The most perfect lighting up Slate Canyon.

Moki enjoying an evening hike.

It storm blew through one Sunday. The following day after work Moki and I hiked up rock canyon. We hit snow one mile up. We continued up the trial another mile and enjoyed the first signs of winter. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I love the first snow. It al melted but it was still amazing.

The last week of October Moki and I hiked everyday after work. It was great. Moki is showing her age though. She has been limping around since we finished hiking Friday. Amber and I hiked Saturday and I took Moki. Poor dog was limping the entire time. We turned around early. I am thinking it is just sore joints. I hate that she is getting old.



We haven't celebrated Andrew's birthday yet but we gave him his present. He was pretty excited. I wasn't there but Anthony shared a video. He looks so good in his new football jersey.


And to finish off the month a few favorites of Tyla that Jacklyn sent me. Aaron and Jacklyn will be moving real soon. I am so sad! They will be so far away. I have loved having them in Susanville.










No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...