Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, September 11, 2008

De Quervain's Tenosynovitis


Drilling on a redwood deck for multiple hours in one day plus

biking 65 miles and then continuing to drill after the bike ride until 9:30 = De Quervain's Tenosynovitis. Some inflamed tendon sheath problem the hurts like a mother. It feels like I fractured my forearm, but I was pretty sure I did not because I did not hurt myself in any way. The swelling has been really bad so I finally went to the doctor yesterday and the verdict is no fractures just this crazy tendonitis. So it has been a crazy week.

On top of the injury I am in a doctorate level stats class. Yea, that will be interesting. I will need lots of prayers. It it the only evening stats class at BYU this semester. I talked to the professor and it turns out I teach his daughters. He was like you can do it will get you through. He has more faith in me then I do. It will be interesting but at least it is my last class at BYU. My motto for the semester was inspired by my principal: C's get degrees!!

6 comments:

katie said...

I feel your pain--I had tenosynovitis in my hip in high school. Not fun. I had to be on crutches for what seemed like forever, even after it stopped hurting, so it could heal completely. Good luck with stats, you're a better woman than I!

Nancy Webb said...

Ouch!! Is the deck at your place? Sounds like you're busy even with the pain. You'll probably use the stats class info while you're doing your research for your thesis so good luck. I love you!!

Parley and Katie Call said...

THat does not sound like fun! I hope you feel better soon. I had to laugh at your "C's get degrees" comment...but it is true! :) I know you will make it fine through that class.

Big Mama said...

I;m so sorry about your ailment. Thats so annoying! Is it getting any better? I hope so. I loved your comment about c's get degrees. That was our philosophy while jason was in school. I know you can do it LaNell! You are way smart and motivated and will do a great job! You always do!

Mishie Moo said...

You are special needs, girl. I feel no sympathy for you. Know why? Because you're the lame-o that decided to bike for 65 miles, after already working on a deck.
But koodos anyway for biking 65 miles.

Admin said...

Read more information regarding DeQuervain's in my blog

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...