Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, September 15, 2008

Mt Nebo


On Saturday Amber, Julieanne, and myself all hiked Mt. Nebo. It is a mountain I have been wanting to hike for sometime and we finally got around to it. I am glad we did it but it is not one I would recommend to others. The main reason are 1. It is really steep and on the way down we had to be really careful and we almost fell a number of times, that gets annoying. 2. The scenery is not nearly as pretty as Timpanogos, 3. you have to drive a long ways the hike takes longer and so overall your entire day is shot.

It was fun to do though. It turned out that our group and a group of 200 students from a boarding school were really the only ones on the mountain. This was actually a plus because when we hiked timp there were thousands of others that particular Saturday. Below is the usual picture on top of the summit. Anna, from Romania, joined us in the picture. I asked her to take the picture and she handed the camera to her high school friend and told him to take the picture so she could be in it. His response was hey I want to be in the picture too. Sorry we did not really want either of you in our picture but it makes for a good blog post so we allowed it.

Below is my kitchen table. It is a counter-height table and I love it. I really wanted a counter height table and I had to to shop around for a long time to find a nice one that was under my 250 dollar budget. You can see the leaf standing in the backround which I will never use in this house because it makes the table as big as my dinning room.

I also wanted to vent about the cost of textbooks. This stats book pictured below cost $180 and I also had to purchase a software program for $150 in order to do my homework. That is on top of $1000 for tuition, for one class. I know it is way cheap for graduate school tuition but when you are paying cash it is so sad to just watch your savings be depleated.

4 comments:

earlh75 said...

The table is nice looking, I bought one of those types of tables too and love it. The only annoying thing is you can't scoot yourself up to the the table as easy as a regular chair and table. And I hear you on books, school book prices suck seriously.

earlh75 said...

By the way, how do you find time to go on all of these awesome adventures? You have quite a fun life adventuring all the time.

Parley and Katie Call said...

Cool table! I can't believe your book cost that much. Aren't you glad I'm not living with you this time, so I can't bug you while you're doing your math?!?!? :) Don't worry, I did it to Parley too.

Angelee said...

What a good price on that table. See, good things happen to those who...don't rush right out and buy the first table they fall in love with. By the way, get rid of that word verification. I hate it.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...