Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just a little ridiculous!!


You know you over did it when you have to use five ice packs to relieve pain after playing an hour of basketball. Lets just say Mt Nebo was a KILLER! I have been so sore. I can't really walk down stairs. I had my stats class on upper campus and had to walk down all the stairs because I parked by the smith field house. It was slow going and extremeley painful. (That is 100 stairs folks and I even have some friends, won't mention names, that ditched classes on lower campus just so they would not have to walk up all those stairs.) You might ask why did you go play basketball? Well honestly once I was moving my muscles felt the best that they had since hiking but whenever I stopped for longer than a minute they tightened right back up. It has been interesting. My calves are so sore, I would venture to say that they are the most sore they have ever been. I biked today and learned something I did not know before, biking uses a lot of calf muscle. Yep they are still sore but a few miles in they began to function like champions. Anyways I thought you would all enjoy a picture of me icing all my sore muscles. My hand is doing much better but still in a brace. The good news is that you never get stronger if you are never sore, refer to the overload principle, so yea I should be really strong and yes that is sweat you see on my t-shirt.

4 comments:

Angelee said...

You should be embarrassed!!! (but feel better soon)

Than and Erica said...

Take a break once in a while! I know...easier said than done.

Julianne said...

Hey there, I was just checking our your blog so I could see the Nebo picture with that girl. :) I'm glad you posted it. I also enjoyed reading your post about our ill-fated Timp trip in July. You're a good storyteller.

I am so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who was SOOOO sore after Nebo. I'm better now, but man, I don't think I've ever been as sore in my life as I was for a couple days after that hike. It was definitely a butt-kicker. And, just like you, it was always the worst when I went downstairs or first started moving.

Parley and Katie Call said...

Girl, you are OOC. I agree, you need to take a break. C'mon, just for a DAY?!? :) Take a hot bath w/some epsom salts in it, promise you'll feel at least a little better. As I was reading this I couldn't help but think of our "hike" up to the Y all those years ago. "...walking backwards works different muscles..."

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...