Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, March 1, 2009

A weekend in St. George

This weekend Amber and I signed up for a century ride in St. George. We were really excited to go down south and soak up the sun and spend some time on our bikes. We also got a great deal on a condo thanks to my cousin Sharee and her husband Gordon. The condo was really nice and we each had our own room and bathroom. We were spoiled. The itinerary for the bike ride said this:

Join us as we ride to the entrance of Zion National Park on a leisurely route that will allow you to get out on the road, test your legs, relax, and enjoy your first organized ride of the season.

The statement is entirely true except for the part about it being a leisurely route. I loved the ride and had a great time but there were seven (yes, seven) huge climbs. Legs tested, check. The entire time I was riding up those blasted hills I just kept thinking about how are bodies are like machines. They just keep on going. It is AWESOME!!

Here is a self portrait at the turnaround. I have to add that at this turnaround there were these two dudes that pulled in on their bikes and there was a sign that said hot sandwiches and one guy said, "It would be awesome if I took your picture in front of that sign that said hot." I thought, oh would that be awesome, in all my glory wearing spandex and covered in sweat.




Here is Amber at the first rest stop. We had not really started climbing the big hills yet, so she is still smiling.


The scenery was amazing. It is so fun to bike somewhere new. I have always loved the beautiful red rock and we were surrounded by it on this ride.



It was a great weekend. Surprisingly I am not even sore. My legs are tired but I biked to work today and my butt didn't even hurt.

The weather was great in St. George and I even came away with a tan face. That made me even happier. We did a 75 mile ride and then gorged ourselves at barf-o-rama (Chuck-a-rama). I am pretty sure there were not any sweet rolls left when we finished eating. Overall a great weekend and I am starting to get really excited for spring. (Even though it is supposed to rain this week)

I believe this could be the start of a new tradition for me:)







4 comments:

Mikila said...

You should have had me there as your coach so that you could have made it over those hills a little easier :)

Parley and Katie Call said...

Hey, that's true love if a guy thinks you're hot when you're covered in sweat...just not from any random guy though :) Your self portrait is cute. Looks like you had fun. I can't believe you're not sore, well, I kind of can.

Sharee said...

I am glad you had a good time. It looks like the views you saw were amazing.

mjnetty said...

I always love reading about your adventures. Can I live my would-be life through you? (would-be if I didn't have 5 kids and was as in shape as you). And I love the Utah red rock too. I wish I would have used the red rocks in my yard instead of ugly gray granite, but maybe I could paint a wall...

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...