Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, May 2, 2010

last week.

i have a set of parents not happy with me.
they complain about me a minimum of once a week.
this has been VERY challenging.
i am grateful i have a supportive administration.
it's so hard because i really feel like i am working with their child.
i feel like i have to walk on pin cushions in my class.

track ended.
we won 3 of the 6 district trophies.
i didnt get dunked.
it was snowing and we as coaches didnt bring any water jugs.
i already have some BIG ideas to make next year better!

womens conference was great.
i so needed to take friday off.
so nice to do something uplifting.
take home point: when you think you need to change others change yourself first.
and 2nd STAND UP against evil at all costs.

i am so mad i didnt take more photos.
i suspect others will post theirs, remember full size ladies.

woke up with circles under my eyes this morning.
little reminder of why i need my sleep.
4 nights in a row of little sleep.
it was replaced with lots of fun and tons of laughter.
wouldnt have traded it in for anything.

finally bought an easter dress.
i love love love it.
spent too much money.
turns out i can shop i just need minimal encouragement.

biked 65 freezing miles on saturday.
it rained and snowed and was a little sunny.
it was slightly uphill for half of the ride.
it felt great to have my legs burn.
ate an entire cafe rio salad after.
i have never done that before.

4 comments:

earlh75 said...

Jeez Lanell would you quit treating your school kids like work rats?? J/K, totally kidding. Wah to the kid and parents who can't take it. If this is hard, well then High School may be a rude awakening for her. I know you make PE fun!

Sounds like you've had a very busy past few weeks.

P.S: yeah to school being out in less than 5 wks.

cynthiamaki said...

How can you think of food after a ride like that? I came home and crashed while trying to prep my lesson, should've just gone to bed =)

Angelee said...

I had too much fun with you. There are a few things that I think back on and just laugh. thank you for all the fun. love you lots.

Parley and Katie Call said...

It was such a fun time. Thanks for letting me stay at your house, I loved it. We need to do stuff like this more often. I am so tired too, but it was worth it. At least you didn't have to drive home! I forgot how long that drive was. But it was worth every second, even in the snow. LADIES-- those of you who will read this, we need to share copies of pictures please! :)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...