Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Timp again and other stuff

 Skype is so great. I love getting to see my nieces and nephews via the computer. They have short attention spans but I love feeling like I am still a part of their lives, even though it is so minimal. Bubba was so cute this night, he was just laughing and so happy. Olivia was done at this point.
My dog loves my bed. Occasionally after school I will lay down for a little bit. She always joins me. She cracks me up.
 She has done much better at not getting into things in the house. So much so that I just let her go where she wants at night. If it is hot she starts downstairs and then works her way up throughout the night. Never fail she is in my bed by 3am. Not just in a corner....all. sprawled. out. I am creating a very bad habit. I know this and yet I let her do it every night.
 Last Wednesday for mutual we went to pick raspberries and we saw a double rainbow. It was beautiful and very exciting.
 They were both huge and you could see the entire arch. Just not in my pictures because I took them while driving. Probably not the best decision I have ever made with four young women in my car, but we lived. It is weird how I really have to think about what I do when I am around them because I don't want to be an example of bad behavior.....like driving and using your phone.
On my prep period I have started going to the high school for basketball class. It has been fun. Right now we are just conditioning. Last week one team was short a person and so I conditioned with them. That was not fun. We played a game where you can give points you earn to other teams so they have to do more exercises. Yup, my team was given a whole lot of extra points. At one point we had to hold the plank for four minutes. Obviously that didn't happen. I think I collapsed after 1:40. Then I got back up and collapsed a couple more times before time was up. I was super sore the next day. I also totally took a girl out to get the bonus ball. She might have gotten a black eye. Ummm you might be faster than me but I weigh more and I am sick of doing extra exercises. Obviously I was not thinking that consciously but I really did take her out. I got the ball and then there were three other girls on the ground, my bad. Survival of the fittest. Maybe I should not play those kind of games with them.

Today I did my annual Timpanogos hike with Amber. This is my 11th or 12th time reaching the summit. Crazy! I feel like I am more sore this year.
 Moki was amazing. Well except that part where she thinks it is ok to pick up a million stickers. She did that because I let her off the leash to roam a bit.
 Did my dog jump off a 6-8 ft cliff? Yes yes she did. She stood on the cliff, then looked at me, and then went for it. Luckily she did not get hurt. Everyone around thought it was pretty funny. I kind of felt like she was mocking me from the saddle to the top of the mountain. She had all this energy and kept waiting at every switch back, tilting her head, as if she was asking me what was taking so long. It was funny.
 It is so beautiful on top. I love the view. It was the perfect day. The weather was overcast the majority of the time. We got to park in the parking lot, small miracle. There were not a ton of people.
 It's a Utah county gem!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...