Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Saturday, February 8, 2014

I need a break from real life!!!!!

Not really, but it feels that way. It is definitely the time of year when I am EXHAUSTED. I just forget how tired I am at the end of the basketball season. You go and go and go, with no rest. Somehow I always survive, I am not sure how. We are playing awesome right now and I have a student teacher so those two things make it a little bit easier.

I have had the chance to watch Andrew on a couple of Saturdays recently. His mom is taking a class at BYU and so if my schedule is not too crazy I get to hang out with this little guy. I love it!!! One Saturday he had to come to practice with me. He did AWESOME! He loved hanging out with the basketballs. He is so easy going it makes it pretty easy to hang out with him.
 I tested out Moki's valentine day decor. It passes the test.

One Monday I got to come home at 3:30. It was a dream. The weather was pretty nice so Moki and I went to hike the Y before it got dark. It was really nice except for the nasty inversion.
 The boys basketball team had Travis Hansen come and talk to them. He played at Mountain View, the BYU, and then in the NBA, and over seas. He did a really good job. He talked about balancing all things in your life, keeping your priorities straight (basketball isn't the most important), working hard, making sacrifices. It was good.
The super bowl happened. I could care less. I took Andrew to the park in the cold while everyone else watched. We had a good time. He is getting old enough to have fun at the park.
This week Dan, Anthony and I went bowling. I will say by the time Thursday came I really just wanted to lay on my couch. Leaving the house just seemed like way too much effort. I am so glad I went. Not because I won, that was an added bonus, but because it was a reminder of how much fun you can have in life. My brothers are hilarious and we laughed, ate, bowled, and laughed some more. It was really refreshing. So glad I went. The scoreboard was pretty sweet as well.

Andrew came over again this morning. We snuggled a little at first because he was so tired. We watched some you tube nursery rhymes. This little guy loves music.
We went on a walk. Tried to eat. Read his book a couple of times. And then I had him help me with the dishes. My house is kind of boring for a little guy, but playing in the bubbles (bub bub) was a hit. The kitchen was soaked and so was he but it was definitely a success! He started with all his clothes on.
Then I realized that was not the best idea. He was kind of trying to climb in the water.
 Probably should not play with the glass bottles. I will take that one thanks.

 I love the excitement on his face when he realizes his finger can fit through the hole.
 The dishes did get washed and it was a good 30 minutes of entertainment.
 So many different expressions.
  So fun to get to spend some time with Andrew.



No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...