Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Most Exhausting Time Of The Year

The end of school is so hard. I am EXHAUSTED!!!! The kids are done.  Unpredictable weather. Stress is high because everyone wants to make up assignments they should have done weeks ago.  It is just crazy. Last week on Tuesday it seemed like the week was never going to end. Like never ever. The good news is: it eventually did end. My grades are pretty much done and there is only one week of school left. This has been a really hard school year for me. It is hard to put on a happy face and be patient with kids when your world is on a roller coaster. Despite the emotional challenges for me there were lots of good things that happened this year. However I am so ready for summer.

Last Saturday I woke up real early and went to the temple before the Saturday rush.
 Sunday morning Moki and I go for walks if the weather permits. Well I walk and she runs all over the place.
 Sometimes it is hard to be banned from the house.
 Spring in Utah is a nightmare for PE teachers. It is very day to day as to what we can teach and if we can go outside. This was a pretty chilly day but we went out anyways.
 This is me Friday. The week I never thought I would get through was finally over. I had woken up early and hiked the Y, worked all day, and then lifted weights right after school.
 Yesterday I participated in the Women of Steel triathlon. It is a sprint triathlon. The distances are 300M swim, 12 miles bike, and a 3 mile run. I signed up trying to encourage myself to swim. Well that didn't happen!!!! I am glad I did it though. I am slowly trying to get back in good cardio shape. It is taking a long time but this was a good checkpoint race. I still have a ways to go. So that is also a good reminder for myself.
 It was a fun way to spend a Saturday morning. After terrible weather all week Saturday was actually really nice.
 After the race I did the bare minimum. I read. Grocery shopped. Took a nap. Then Hannah Taylor, Amber Ellis, Moki and I went and hiked Horse Tail Falls. It is a four mile hike up in Alpine. It was a fun little hike to a really pretty waterfall.
 We barely got off the trail before dark.
 My weekend was busy. Lots of physical activity. I am grateful today is a rest day.

I am also dying over this picture of Katelyn that Katie posted. This girl is adorable. I hate that I live so far away from those kids. Love them so much. I can't wait to see them this summer.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...