Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Amethyst Lake Day 2

 I woke up so early and took my sleeping bag out of the tent and got into the hammock. Finally I got some relief for my back and neck. I think I should have just slept in the hammock, although it was pretty dang cold. Moki laid by the tree and Archie and I spent the morning snuggling in the hammock.

Anytime we were in camp I was in the hammock with Archie and Moki was close by tethered to a tree.
Archie is so snuggly. I love it. Moki was never really like that as a puppy. My back and neck finally got some relief while I was in the hammock.
Once it warmed up a little we hiked up and around Lake Amethyst. It was so beautiful. The high Uintas are a Utah gem.



The lake was so beautiful. It was definitely worth the hike to see this beautiful place.

The water was so clear. There were lots of people fishing. The reflection was so pretty at this time of day.


It was a 4 mile hike up and around the lake. We took our time and just enjoyed the scenery. the dogs got in and out of the water and chased little rodents. It was a nice morning.

There is also another lake on the trail. Lake Ostler. Also really pretty. Not as big or as a beautiful as Lake Amethyst but we went and checked it out.
Amber and I had all the stuff we needed to spend another night, but when you don't sleep it really isn't very tempting. We got back to camp, had lunch, rested and then hiked out. It was really hot but we made good time on the 5.75 miles back to the car. 


We made it home before 8pm. I had a nice long warm shower, started laundry and slept amazing in my own bed. It was a great short adventure. It was the perfect little trip for a short weekend.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...