Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, September 25, 2022

To Long Beach and Back in a day

 Olivia had a camp out at Catalina Island that she planned to go to last year. She fundraised, applied and did everything she needed to in order to attend. Dan and Megan just happened to plan their wedding date the Saturday after her week long adventure. She was not going to be able to attend because she wouldn't get back to Lodi in time to come with her parents. I was so bummed. I really wanted everyone at the wedding. A few hundred dollars later and a day off of work we were able to make it happen.

I flew to LAX early Friday morning. Took an Uber to Long Beach, hung out until her ferry from Catalina island arrived, took an Uber back to LAX, hung out in the airport forever, and flew back to Utah. I dropped her off at her parents hotel room at 12:45am Saturday morning. It was a crazy day but also a great one. I am so grateful there were no plane delays or cancellations, traffic cooperated. In the end everything was perfect. We were both very tired but honestly I couldn't have asked for a better trip.

I got to the long beach port four hours before her ferry would arrive. Luckily there were some beach cruisers for rent. I was able to rent a bike and spend a couple wonderful hours biking along the beach. I love love love this kind of thing. It made the day so perfect for me.

Seeing this bike parked at the ferry port got me so excited.







I definitely wasn't prepared for the beach. I totally got sunburned but I couldn't have put together a more perfect few hours for me while I waited for Olivia.
Being in the airport was not exciting but spending some alone time with this beautiful girl always does my soul good. I hope she knows how loved she is. Like so LOVED! 

It was a long day but we made it back for the wedding. My biggest fear was making this plan, spending all the money and then having something happen that would cause us to miss the wedding. We didn't miss it so it was totally worth it!!!!!


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...