Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Amethyst Lake

 Labor day weekend Amber and I headed into the high Uintas to hike Amethyst Lake. We brought Moki as well as Than and Erica's dog, Archie. We left Saturday morning and came home Sunday evening. It was a short but beautiful hike. It's 6.5-7 miles to the lake. Saturday we hiked in 5.75 miles and set up camp close to a beautiful meadow. The hike in was pretty moderate except one section that climbed 1000ft in under a mile. It was steep, but we took our time and survived. The terrain was so pretty and the smell of the pine trees was amazing.

Following these two cute dogs was so fun. They had the time of their lives.



Finally made it to the meadow. I was ready to be done. Carrying a heavy pack is no joke and no fun:)
I am smiling so big because I know this meadow means I can find a campsite.
I loved the site Amber and I were able to find. It was tucked away from traffic and surrounded by trees. It was also very close to water. The best decision I made was to have the dogs carry in my two hammocks. I loved having them to relax in at camp. It was perfect.
The dogs and I trying out my tent. Definitely not a lot of space with two dogs but we made it work.

It was so fun to have Archie but I forgot what it is like backpacking with a young dog. He did all the things Moki used to do. Bark if he wasn't in touching distance to me. Still had crazy energy after hiking. Wanted to be pet the entire time. If I was in the hammock he needed to be in it with me. It was so funny. 

Moki is so old that we got to camp and she laid down and didn't move unless I told her to. The contrast is so crazy. Both dogs did really amazing.

Archis spent a lot of time in the hammock with me. Luckily he is very cute and not heavy:)
We hung our in camp until evening. Then we went to the meadow; filled up our water and I took a bath in the freezing cold water. It was a very nice evening.



Then we hit the sack for the night. Archie had to be kicked off my mat multiple times before he realized he does not get to sleep on my pad with me. Both dogs fell asleep quickly and slept great. I didn't sleep at all. My neck and back pain were really bad. Carrying a heavy pack was hard on my body and sleeping on the hard ground is so much harder now that I am older. That was really discouraging. I love to backpack but I also love sleep.

It was a long sleepless night. Morning couldn't come soon enough!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...