Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Family Dinner

 Sunday after the wedding I was hoping to have grandma, Lou, Jan, Virginia, and my mom over for a nice Sunday brunch. I woke up Sunday morning to a very quiet house, this was cause for concern because Aaron, Jacklyn and Tyla were staying with me. I checked my phone and learned they had spent the night in the ER because poor Tyla had spiked a fever in the night. Tyla had been feeling off all day Saturday. She slept a ton. She was also throwing up any time they fed her. They got home just before 8am. They were exhausted and Tyla still looked sick. I cancelled brunch at my house and moved it to Virginia's Air bnb. Aaron, Jacklyn and Tyla were able to have a quiet house and I picked up my mom on my way to the rental.

It was a lovely morning. We ate a yummy breakfast that Lou ended up cooking. We spent the morning and afternoon playing games and visiting. I loved it so much. This summer my one regret after our family reunion was that I was so busy planning/preparing/organizing I didn't really get to spend a lot of time visiting with people. This made up for that.

I didn't get a picture with Lou. . . . dang it.
Then in the afternoon we started preparing dinner and my siblings and their families started arriving. Ben and Katie had already headed back to California. Dan and Megan were honeymooning but everyone else came. Brooke even brought her parents which was so fun. We had a yummy lasagna dinner. Super easy but good. Then we spent the evening playing more games.

I didn't take many pictures. Anthony being sad, he was probably losing at the game:)
Tyla was thankfully feeling much better. This was the only picture of her I got all weekend where she was actually smiling.
Unfortunately sometime after dinner my grandma had a medical emergency. She fell asleep playing a game and we couldn't wake her up. It was really scary. I was so impressed that everyone handled the situation so well. We were able to get her on the floor. Take her vitals and keep her safe until help arrived. It was really really scary but I feel so blessed that it all worked out in the end. She spent the night in the hospital. All the California Browns missed their flights and then drove home Monday in a rental car. Well they drove part of the way home and then finished on Tuesday. I am so grateful they made the effort to come and I am so grateful everything turned out ok with my grandma. 


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...