Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Busy Weekend

Friday I just felt sick all day. Lakeridge had 20% of our student body gone everyday last week. The flu season has come. I felt fine until I didn't sleep on Wednesday. So that brings me back to Friday. I was achy all day and just wanted to sleep. But it was Michelle's birthday and so I wanted to hang out with her as well.

I must say I was hesitant because I swore I would never eat at Treasure Island and of course that was where she wanted to go. I however did not dress up as a pirate. But some of the party did. Obviously Michelle did. Here is the birthday girl.

I have not seen Michelle in a long time so it was fun to see her. She made a good pirate. It was fun to see all my friends from my old ward. It has been way to long.


Dan came along as well. He was his usual entertaining self. You know making jokes. Calling our waitress a wench, you know always a pleasure to have in public. Although she did look like one, her costume was sketchy, and he didn't let her hear him say it.

After the party I went home and read and slept. Today I felt ok and so I ran 9 miles, my half-marathon is next week. And then I did not feel so great and so I slept. Didn't really feel good again until I went to dinner at Cafe Rio with some family. Once I ate their nachos, as suggested by Erica, I felt great.

Lucky for me my Aunt and Uncle were out of town this week and they let me have one of their tickets to the BYU game. It was fun to be back in cougar stadium. Gotta love those mountains in the background.

Unfortunately the only good thing about the game was the fans. The refs were bad, the cougars were bad, and the weather was bad (not horrible but not great). You know it has been a long game when the fans are cheering for the back-up quarterback to come in. Oh well, what do you do. I stayed until the bitter end just like in the old'n' days.

5 comments:

Parley and Katie Call said...

Sorry you don't feel good, and sorry the game sucked! I did enjoy your purple scarf though.

PS--load up on probiotics. They are one of the best things for flu season. Elderberry and olive leaf are also great for viruses. I've taken them every day since my ear infection.(I can send you some) :) normally I wouldn't take so much time posting that, but I remember getting sick every month when I was teaching. It sucks, you are exposed to so much nastiness! So there's my 2 cents. take it or leave it. :)

Angelee said...

My favorite line in your whole post was about Dan. You know, always a pleasure to have in public. That cracked me up. Sorry you don't feel well and Michelle looked so pretty.

Muriel said...

Cute picture of you guys at the game (even if you are wearing blue).

The Robins Nest said...

Erica is right. Cafe Rio does make everything better. Good luck on your half marathon this weekend. I'm PUMPED for you!! It's going to be awesome.

Julianne said...

Yikes, that picture of me is a little bit scary. And not just because I was pretending to be a fierce pirate. Why didn't anyone tell me that hat was so skewampus?!

On the other hand, that picture you have as your new header is totally awesome. I'm thinking you must have done some tweaking in Photoshop to make the colors and contrast look that cool. If so, great job, because it looks awesome!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...