Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Provo Half Marathon


I ran the half-marathon this morning. It was ok. I can't say it was fun. I had fun for 11 miles and then I was like I want to be done right now not in another 2 miles. Maybe I only trained to run 11 miles not 13.

My cousin Melissa ran it with me and that was good. We talked a lot of the way and just enjoyed the scenery. She kept me going.

If I ever ran another one here is what I would do differently:

Eat more for breakfast
Not play soccer the night before, my hamstring was sore before I started running
Don't drink caffeine a half hour before trying to go to bed
Sleep in my own bed
Bring food to eat while running, goo or something
Wear matching clothes there were camera men everywhere

Afterwards we went to Red Robin. It was delicious. Dan would not get out of bed to cheer me on and take pictures but he came to the post run feast.

8 comments:

Than and Erica said...

Congrats Lan! I'm glad you're still alive and well.

Parley and Katie Call said...

Congrats! I'm glad to see you went to Red Robin afterwards...:)

Muriel said...

Congrats! That is so awesome! I am so proud of you. I am going to start training for a measley little 5K I a few months and I will keep your tips in mind. Here's to hoping for the best.

Nancy Webb said...

You did it! and Melissa too I'm so proud of you both. The most I ever ran at one time was 10 miles and I agree with your tips for next time. I was hungrier than usual for three days after I ran the 10 miles (must have totally depleted my glycogen stores). Congratulations to you!

The Robins Nest said...

CONGRATS!! I'm glad you did it and I can't believe you played soccer the night before. You're crazy. :)

Christina Updike said...

Way to go!! You are so awesome!! And Red Robin . . . what a great post run treat!

Unknown said...

good job lanell! I'm supposed to do one in a couple weeks, so I'll take your advice and make sure my clothes match. if I do it. having second thoughts...

Angelee said...

how much do I love that picture on your header!!!! is that water color on photo shop? please teach me. I need a dan in my life to teach me cool stuff. nice chatting with you today and we'll talk more about my big plan for next summer.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...