Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, July 18, 2014

Manchester to Bodega Bay

 The day started off cloudy and yucky. We had a long day ahead of us and the weather was a little depressing. Up to this point we had been very fortunate. We woke up to sunshine every other morning on the coast. When does that ever happen? Despite the long day ahead we took a 4 mile detour to see the Pt. Area Lighthouse. On a clear day it would have been amazing.
It sits right on the San Andreas fault line, at least that is what a tourist from Kentucky told us. Glad someone did their research.
We didn't stay too long. There were also tons of sea lions on the rocks. I always like seeing the ocean wildlife.
After 15 miles or so we biked into the sunshine.
It was another day filled with beautiful coastal views and lots of rolling hills.
 I was amazed at the cliffs. It was not completely clear so none of my pictures quite capture how high up we were and how rugged the terrain was. It's times like this when I really think about Heavenly Father and the amazing world that has been created for us to live on. I had never been on this section of the coast and it was truly amazing. The cows grazing right next to the road on the crazy cliffs caught me by surprise.
There were lots of big hills this day and we really worked hard to grind out the 71 miles we covered. According to my GPS we climbed over 5,000 ft on this day so it was long and tedious. I didn't mind it though. I don't know if it was the views or my body adjusting but I felt great and had a good day on my bike. Even though it was a good day I was still super excited to finally reach our destination at Bodega Bay.
It was July 4th. We spent the entire day biking. I was a little disappointed in small town America. I was hoping that the little towns would have been more patriotic. Nothing all day long. I wore my red, white, and blue outfit for nothing. Not even Flags were hung. Luckily bikers don't need reservations we had a place to rest our weary heads.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...