Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, July 17, 2014

I came home!!!

I love summers and I love road trips. It is just hard when all my trips run into each other, but it is also more affordable. So I haven't been home in three weeks. That's a long time. I am EXHAUSTED. But man I had a great time!!!!!

Amber and I drove out to my parents house on Friday June 27th. Long boring trip through Nevada.
 Moki did what I wanted to do the whole way......sleep.
 On Saturday my Mom joined Amber and I on our way to Crescent City. We stopped in Redding and dropped Moki off at my Aunt Virginia's house. How awesome is my aunt? She took Moki for two weeks so I could try and kill myself.

How awesome is my mom. My Mom drove us so she could take the car back to their house. I had never been to Crescent City and it was quite the drive. I was feeling great about the trip all month but the closer we got to being dropped off the more nervous I became. I wasn't worried about it being hard (I figured it would be) more about just two girls carrying all their gear on bikes for 8 days. There is a lot that could go wrong. Seemed more and more crazy the closer we got to the drop off point. I was also very excited.
 The first night we stayed in a little RV campground. It was nice and quiet. Free showers and WIFI. Perfect for what we needed and a step above some of the places we stayed for sure. Setting up camp was the first thing we needed to do.
Once we unloaded the car my mom just left us there. Like it was not even a big deal! I love how my mom is just smiling in this picture. I was sad to watch my car drive away.
After we set up camp we set out to explore the city while it was still light. It is definitely a fun little coastal city.
 It was great to ride our bikes without any gear on them. Amber took this shot.
 We enjoyed the evening despite knowing what the morning would bring.
And thus the real journey would begin.





No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...