Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, July 24, 2017

Banff Day 1 - July 11th

Ever since I started following some adventure people on Instagram and I always see pictures from Banff I have wanted to visit. It did not disappoint. Such a beautiful and fun place. Only wish I had more time there.

We woke up early and headed to Lake Moraine before the crowd showed up.




 It was amazing even on a cloudy day. I was in heaven. This was on my bucket list that keeps getting longer even though I have been crossing things off!
 It was just so pretty. I took way too many pictures.
My jumping picture sums up how I felt about it.
After we spent some time here we headed to Johnsons canyon for a hike to a waterfall. this was a super fun hike. There are actually two waterfalls and it smells like Christmas trees the entire way.


 It was a really nice hike and very family friendly. It was three miles round trip.

It was a fun little morning hike. After the hike we had to rush back to the campsite and move our tent. We couldn't get the same site two nights in a row and so we had to move. It ended up being really easy but it was a pain to have to go back. After we got camp set up we took a nap. Our vacation schedule was clearly starting to wear on us, especially me I love naps!

In the afternoon we headed downtown to shop. We needed to grab a couple of souvenirs and Banff is a tourist place. We shopped for longer than we both wanted too but once we found what we needed we headed to Lake Louise to hike to the Lake Agnes Tea House. We went a little further then the tea house so we got a little over five miles on this hike.

Started at the famous Lake Louise. We did not have clear skies while in Banff, puts a little damper on the pictures.
 Hannah said it was like hiking the Y three times. It was just a steady uphill the entire way to the tea house.

Occasionally we got to see Lake Louise but mostly we were in the forest.
 We passed my mirror lake which was gorgeous.
 The mountains in this area are breathtaking.

 Our first view of Lake Agnes.
 We hiked past the tea house and then took some pictures looking back at it. The water was a prettier color from this view.
 You can see the edge of the tea house in the far left of the picture below.
 Then we headed back to Lake Louise and got there right as it started getting dark.
It was a busy day and we were exhausted.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...