Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Ouray Colorado

 Since it was the 24th of July my mom and I started the morning by running in the temple to temple run. We had done the run a few years previous when she happened to be in town. It was a fun way to start the Utah Holiday.
 After the run I showered and headed to Colorado with Amber.

I had never heard of Ouray Colorado when Amber suggested we take a trip there. After doing some research it looked like it could be fun. The research I did, did not do it justice. It is a beautiful little gem in the corner of Colorado not too far from Provo. It was a fun little get away and I loved seeing a new place and being in such a beautiful place.

This little tent is new this summer and it has been great. I have slept in a tent more than my own bed so far this month. That is not a great, I like my bed!
The first night in town was July 24th. We set up camp and then drove to town and had dinner. After dinner we hiked a portion of the Perimeter trail. We hiked until it was really dark so we didn't finish the trail. It is basically a hike that goes around the perimeter of the valley. It was a fun little trail.
On the 25th we started our day with a little bike ride in Ridgeway. there was a trail that ran parallel to the road. The views were amazing. My only complaint was that it was too short.

We finished biking and grabbed some lunch before heading out to hike. We decided to hike to Blue Lake. It was a hike that was close to where we were camping and it had a lot of great reviews. If you like to go up this is a hike for you. You gain a lot of elevation and you gain it fast, but the lake at the end is totally worth it.

The wildflowers in Colorado were amazing.
 Blue lake

 It really was a great destination. Also a crowded one and you can see why.
It would be a fun little area to backpack someday. There are a lot more hiking options from the lake as well. We had already biked and were tired and so we just hiked to the lake and back. It was about 7.5 miles. I would love explore this area more someday.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...