Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Glacier Day #4 - July 10th

This was our last day in Glacier and also my Dad's birthday. I thought about him a lot this day. I will have to say Christmas and Fathers Day weren't too horrible without my dad but his birthday was really really hard. I let myself shed tears on and off all day just thinking about him. Luckily I was distracted with lots of fun, but it was a hard day for me. I took a picture from my tent before we picked up camp because it was so pretty.
While in Glacier many people kept recommending Iceberg Lake as a hike you have to do. It's an almost 10 mile in and out hike. This was one of the highlights of our whole trip. This hike was amazing!!!! If you go to Glacier do this hike. 10 miles is long but it is not super strenuous. We really enjoyed ourselves. We also had a nice cloud cover most of the day which made it so nice.


 During the first three miles of the hike we hike about 50 yards away from a pretty large grizzly bear. We had bear spray but we did not stop for pictures. Tourists can be CRAZY!!!! So many people stopped to watch and take pictures but without the protection of my car I was out of there.

 This was a very nice little lake before Iceberg Lake.
 The first sighting of Iceberg Lake. It's all that ice down there.
 I felt like I had to at least put my feet in. It was FREEZING!!!!
I didn't stay in very long and it felt like millions of needles were piercing my legs.
  Unfortunately with the overcast weather the water was not super blue.
 Here is an aerial view I stole off the internet so you can see a little different perspective.
Right as we started our hike back we saw a HUGE moose. It was one of the last animals left on our list of animals we really wanted to see on our trip.

 I took so many pictures because it was so beautiful.

 As we got off the trail we noticed the rangers had actually closed the trial for the day. The closed it due to bear activity. That seemed a little scary.
Once we got off the trail we went to the lodge and we found out that there had been the grizzly we saw on the trail and a black bear on another trail close by. A hiker had actually had to use bear spray to get the black bear to back off and stop following her. WHAT???? So scary. so glad we didn't have that encounter. the poor lady was terrified.

 After our hike we bought some snacks and said peace out to Glacier.
 I was sad to leave. We really didn't even brush the surface. The park is so huge. There are so many hikes and areas to visit. I definitely want to return again. I want to spend more time in the Many Glacier area, we only hiked Iceberg lake in that area and visit the two medicine area, we didn't even have time for that.
If you have a chance visit this park. In my opinion it is second to Yosemite if I were to rank the national parks I have visited.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...