Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Saturday, January 18, 2020

New Years Week

The week of New Years was awesome. I had basketball every morning and then I had an outdoor activity every single afternoon. It was AWESOME! I also got Christmas taken down and put away. I have lived in my house for 10 years, that seems crazy. I spent all of New Years Day going through every box that is under my house with storage in it. I eliminated 4 bins of stuff. That felt really great. Unfortuntately I still have too much junk in my home.

New Years Eve I hung out with Dan and Katie Ricord. Sam, Amanda and family joined us for dinner. Dan, Katie and I played games and had an enjoyable evening. I even survived until midnight. I was not planning on that happening. New Years Day is a basketball moratorium day so we could not have practice. That is why I was able to spend an entire day cleaning up Christmas. Finally in the evening Moki and I snuck away to hike the Y.
It had snowed most of the day so it took us 45 minutes to get to the top. That is usually enough time to do the entire hike. We were a little slow but it felt so good to be out in the fresh air.

Thursday afternoon Erica Hancock and I hiked up Battle Creek Falls. I wasn't super excited about the location because the hike to the falls is so short but I wanted to see Erica. In the end the hike was amazing. We went quite a ways above the falls and enjoyed the most beautiful sunset. It was an awesome afternoon turned to evening.
 Moki was having the time of her life. The recent snowfall made it magical.
 The falls were really cool in the snow.
 I was so happy when Erica wanted to go higher up. Then an amazing thing happened . . . . sunset! And the evening got more and more gorgeous as we continued to hike. It was so pretty.


 It was one of those evenings where it go more and more beautiful with every step. We got higher as well so we kept getting a better and better view. I took so many pictures.


 Now I know this is a great place to hike in the snow you just have to go higher that the falls.

Definitely one of the most beautiful snowshoeing experiences I have had.

Friday i had practice in the morning and then Jeneca and I went cross country skiing around her parents property. It was a loop that was a little over a mile. We did that twice. It was a lot of fun. I haven't been on cross country skiis for a while so I felt awkward and fell a couple times but it was fun. Moki loved this as well.
 It was a gorgeous day in Midway.
 I love that Jeneca and I have started doing things every once in awhile. It is so fun!
Saturday Amber and I hiked up Rock Canyon to the campground. That is a favorite close to home hike. It was a great ending to the best outdoor week I have had in a long time.
By the time Sunday rolled around I was so exhausted. I had played basketball and hiked almost everyday the previous week. I slept in and enjoyed a 10:30 start time and came home and took a nap. My body was wiped out.

The new semester at school started on Monday January 6th. That first week back to school was exhausting. I don't know if I was still worn down from all the activity the previous week or if jumping back into 12 hour days was just too much. I was very tired all week and so grateful I survived:)

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...