Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, January 3, 2020

December

I love having my house set-up for Christmas. I love sitting by the lights on the tree every night. I just love the warmth of my home. This year I added a new tree to the Christmas decor. I put a small flocked tree in my TV room. I love it. Then I can watch Christmas shows with the tree lights on. Seems lame but it feels magical.
 I also added an electric train this year. The kids loved it so we will call it a WIN!
 My flocked tree upstairs. I put on big outdoor lights and I love it!
I had just Sam and Amnanda's family over for dinner one Sunday. It was really nice. We ate played games and decorated gingerbread cookies. So much fun. These kids . . . . I adore them!
We had dinner at Dan's one Sunday as well. He made Wassail, which was amazing. We hung out and song lots of Christmas songs. That was actually so fun. I loved that we did it. It got everyone off their phones for awhile. Amanda is a great pianist and so she could play anything we wanted. So fun!
A Sunday walk with my cute puppy.
A new Christmas dress.

 I am a member of the teachers union at work. Every year they offer a $1 movie but I never go. This year on a whim I invited Sams family. It was on a Saturday that worked for them and so we went and saw Frozen 2. We all had a great time. Only Andrew and Audrey would pose for the picture.


Other highlights of the month were . . .

  1. My team played some great basketball. We beat two really good teams and went to Christmas break on a big winners high.
  2. I attended a Relief Society activity. I am trying to be better about participating in those kinds of things. It was a great activity.
  3. I delivered Uno Flip to fmailies at school and in my neighborhood. That was my Christmas gift this year.
  4. I started playing on an adult basketball league. That is always a fun way to use up everegy. I am starting to feel my age though.
  5. I did lots of Christmas shopping. I helped out my mom. That meant lots of trips to the store. I loved it though!
  6. I had the opportunity to participate in a secret santa activity that the school counselors put on. This meant buying a couple of gifts to donate. Always a fun thing to do in December.
  7. I sent out a ton of Christmas cards.
  8. I hung out with Jana
  9. I donated blood at our stake blood drive.
December is always so busy. This year I feel like I didn't slow down and ponder the true meaning of Christmas enough. That is a regret I have. It is so easy to get caught up in the purchasing of gifts and all that comes with Christmas. Overall the month leading up to Christmas break was a good one.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...