Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, July 12, 2021

California Part 3

 We left Jan and Lou's and headed to Susanville. We wanted to finish the trip at Aaron and Jacklyn's. We stopped in Redding on the way and had dinner at my cousin Cody's house. Aunt Virginia was there and Cody's family. It was a fun way to break up the drive. The kids got to swim and the adults got to visit. Virginia, Cody and Jen made a delicious dinner as well. Again I didn't take a single picture. That seems to be the theme for this trip. It was such a nice visit though.

We were all pretty tired by the end of our trip. Lots of individuals were battling colds and so there was some sickness too. I love Susanville. I was excited to hike every morning. It felt great to be able to fit that in. Saturday, our first day there, we just hung out at Aaron and Jacklyn's. We played games, visited, ran errands, and the kids did the slip n slide.

 Sunday was the 4th of July!!!! We had so many sick people we decided we probably should not show up to church during a pandemic. We watched Music and the Spoken Word and my mom did her ward virtually. Some of us were feeling antsy because we had been inside all day the day before. We decided to take a short trip to Crater Lake. I am not sure if this was a good decision or the worst decision ever. The weather was great in Susanville and we drove to the lake. As soon as we got out of the car there was the loudest thunder. We ended up hanging out on the shore for at least an hour while the thunder, lightening, and rain storm passed. Luckily Aaron and Jacklyn brought a canopy we could relax under.

I am glad we waited it out. Eventually the sun came out and we swam a little. It was a beautiful location. The dogs loved it.

Maybe another time we will get to paddle board on it.

 Emerson is finally becoming a picture taker. He hated pictures for so long but I am loving that he is willing to smile for a camera now:)

That evening we roasted smores and watched fireworks from Aaron's backyard. It was a nice and relaxing evening. Moki sported her fourth of July gear.


 

We all went to bed pretty early because people had been sick and tomorrow was the trip home. The trip home went smoothly. It was so nice to be home. I couch surfed most of the break and it was amazing to be back in my bed. I had a pretty easy week. I exercised, started getting ready for my Africa trip, and spent too many late nights playing games with family (my mom came back to Utah with us.)









No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...