Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Little Red

 In 2020 I had signed up to bike Little red in Logan Utah. It is a 100 mile bike ride. I have participated in it multiple times. Well it did not happen in 2020 or 2021. Luckily because I had been accepted in 2020 I was able to get into the ride in 2022. I was excited to have an actual event that would allow/force me to put lots of miles on my bike. 

I went up to Logan on Friday night. Melissa Lemon was kind enough to let me come sleep at her house before the ride. She also let me bring Moki which was such a blessing! Katie Ricord came up with me so she could hang out with her nieces. We went up Friday in time for dinner. Then I went on a nice 4 mile walk up the canyon close to their house. Melissa lives in Hyrum, a beautiful little community close to Logan. I love where she lives. 

Saturday I woke up early and headed to the race start. I spent the day biking 100 miles around the Logan valley. The weather was perfect and the views were spectacular. It was a greta day. I felt great on the bike until about mile 70. Mile 70-80 were really tough for me. It was super hot and I was definitely pushing my fitness limits. I had biked quite a bit in the spring but never more than 46 miles. Miraculously after mile 80 I felt pretty good again.

The ride ended up being 104 miles. It felt like a big accomplishment and I was definitely wiped out. I did the ride alone and just really enjoyed the time to think/ponder and enjoy myself. I am glad I had the chance to participate in the ride.


A lunch selfie to let people know I am alive.

I ran into my co-worker, Lisa Talbot, at the finish line. She and her friends bike tons.




I was happy Katie came to Logan with me because I let her drive home. It was so nice to be able to relax. We went and grabbed pizza and then I headed to Provo. It was a good day!


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...