Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, July 4, 2022

Susanville and Oroville

 My family decided to meet up in California this year. My mom turned 70 on June 1st and Virginia turns 70 on July 7th and we wanted to celebrate these ladies. I started my trek to California on June 20th. Loralie, Nancy and I rode together. We went to Susanville first because it is the only place I could get a dog grooming appointment for Moki. I have no idea why it is so hard right now to get grooming appointments.

I woke up early on Tuesday and took Tyla and Moki for a walk. We walked 5 miles. It felt great after driving all day on Monday.

Tyla took a little nap on our walk.
She is so stinking cute.
I love spending time with this baby. She is also walking all over the place now.



It was a great stop and then we headed to my mom's in Oroville.

Oroville is so hot and dry. It was over 100 degrees everyday we were there. BLAH! I didn't take any pictures in Oroville. I do not know why. We were so productive. earlier in the year when we were planning the trip Amanda had mentioned that we should help my mom with some stuff since we were all coming home. We ended up getting so much done. 


Wednesday I woke up and went on an early bike ride. Anthony, Caleb, Sam and I started cleaning out the yellow shed at 8:30am. We emptied the entire shed by early afternoon. Frank Gomez was nice enough to drop off his trailer and we completely filled it. The shed is now empty. Meanwhile Amanda, Loralie, Nancy and my mom were tackling shelves in the house. They got so much done as well. We went up and swam and Kevin and Liz's house in the afternoon. They have a beautiful new home and pool. Then we headed to Hula's for dinner. Ben, Katie and family joined us as well as Dan, Megan and Brooke. The Stutzneggers were kind enough to let people stay up at their house. That was truly a life savor. They are so great. 







Thursday we did more de-junking. We ended up taking four truck loads of stuff to the dump. Cliz Townsend came to the rescue and let us borrow her truck. We emptied the entire bike shed and other things in the house/shed that are garbage. It was another very hot day. Amanda again worked in the house and we also had a bunch of stuff we were able to donate to goodwill. My mom's house and property has a lot less stuff on it. We swam again at the Roberstsons. Keith and Susan stopped by and visited. It was so great to see them. I love them so much. Keith has been so helpful to my mom.

Amanda and I went to Chico and did a Costco run for McCloud. That took a long tome. We bought so much food. Someone had to do it but man it was a lot. The Robertsons have an extra fridge in their guesthouse and we were able to store the food there for the night which was life saving.

Friday morning we got up and headed to McCloud after breakfast. It is a three hour drive so once we got the food organized we got on the road!



No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...