Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, May 28, 2023

Three Falls

A co-worker told me about a hike in Aline I had never hiked before, three falls. I knew I wanted to try it. Erica had an available evening and so we met up and hiked it with our dogs. We hiked pretty fast because we were running out of daylight. It was a beautiful evening with amazing views. It was a great workout.

Summit loves hiking with Archie. We stopped to take a selfie:)

The flowers were almost done being in bloom so the hike was good timing. After the hike we sat in Erica's hot tub . . . . that was the best way to end the night.


I have been wanting to invite teachers to go on a hike. Logan Crim, the science teacher that told me about the hike, and myself decided to organize a hike on the last day of school. We went and hike three falls. We had a great time. This hike is nice because it does not have crazy steep uphill sections. It is pretty mild. The flowers were everywhere. We also had some cloud cover, which was really nice.


We had a great time. It was a good reminder that I need to organize more activities like this with people from work. Jim Romrell brought his 6 year old daughter Susie and she and Summit had a great time.

The last day of school was really hard this year. We have five long time Lakeridge teachers retiring: Julia Stanger, Karen Schlosser, Rachel Gonzalez, Pam rock and Al Oquendo. I was actually really emotional at the faculty meeting to send them off. That surprised me, although it should not have. I have worked with and loved these people for 18 years. I consider them good friends. I can't imagine Lakeridge Junior High without them. It is so weird. They have taught me so much and I am truly blessed to have crossed paths with each of them. Julia and Karen came on the hike so that was fun. I am sure I will see them around but goodbyes are always hard.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...