Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Crazy New Addition

Moki being sick was really hard and I swore I would not get another dog. They are so much work and it is so hard anytime I want to travel. I felt like I would really enjoy not having to feel like I needed to give a dog so much time and attention. I had even told people there was no way I would get another dog. Moki started getting sicker and sicker and I really was missing hiking without her. Around the same time my friend and coaching buddy Nicole Baxter Bjarnson posted pictures of her goldendoodle puppies on Facebook. I thought they were cute but didn't think much else about them. Then she started posting more often about them and reducing the price. This coincided with Moki being more limited on her hikes and the realization that I was not going to have a hiking buddy in the summer. I started to be pretty bummed about that. The puppies price was reduced to an amount that was really inexpensive and I had fallen in love with one of the puppies, just from seeing videos and pictures. I decided to go meet her.

The grey girl is the puppy I fell in love with!

Summit is from a litter of 11. They are all so adorable. I actually first went and met her brother with the red bow. He was really cute but I was in love with the grey girl. The  couple who bought the grey girl realized it wasn't going to work out and so I was able to get her. She was the sweetest little pup. She adored Moki from the moment they met.

She snuggled right up to Moki on the way home.

It took me over a week to name her. I loved the name Summit from the start but couldn't just call her that. I also liked Ruby, Elsie, Blaze, Peak, Tulah . . . . . and so many more. I spent an unhealthy amount of time on my phone researching names. In the end Summit stuck and it has been perfect for her.
I got her on a Sunday and so my family was super surprised when they came to Sunday dinner and there was an adorable new addition. It was so fun. She got so much love. Audrey and Emerson especially loved her.


Moki tolerated her. I feel bad because if Moki had been healthy she would have enjoyed the new pup so much. Moki liked all living things. She just really was so sick by the time I got Summit.
I got Summit right towards the end of basketball so that made for a very crazy time. I ended up bringing Summit to school with me each day and crate training her from the car. The nice thing was that she got to meet so many people. I just ate lunch in my gym and played with her during that time.

 I ended up bringing her to school longer than needed because it was working out so nicely. The weather stayed cool for so long this year, there was no problem leaving her in the car. My students fell in love with her.

Students coming in to visit her on my prep:)

Puppies are not supposed to be outside much until they are fully vaccinated. I tried to be sort of careful with that. For my sanity and the dogs sanity we had to get out regularly. We mostly headed south on the Bonneville shoreline trail because there is so little traffic in that direction.

 Moki did a great job of teaching Summit the ropes. Summit annoyed Moki like crazy because she would not leave her alone. It was  a great way to use up lots of puppy energy.

Both of my dogs love the snow so much!

Summit resting in the crate.

Summit resting on the couch.

I took Summit hiking from the get go. I carried her up rock canyon a mile before I let her walk on her own. There really isn't much traffic once you get up a mile. She did not love riding in the pack but she tolerated it well. Her first Saturday with me she hike 3.5 - 4 miles of the 6 Amber and I hiked. She did a great job.


She really has been a fun addition. She is so sweet and so easy to love!



No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...