Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Evolution of the School Picture

Some things in life are meant to be learned the hard way and that is what happened with me and school pictures. My first year teaching I did not even know when school pictures were and all of a sudden over the loud intercom I hear Ms. Brown please report to the auditorium immediately to have your picture taken. I am sorry WHAT? So to the auditorium I go and have this disgusting picture taken of me in an old Las Plumas t-shirt and a whistle around my neck. I knew it would go in the year book but I decided that I could deal with that. Well the picture was NASTY!!! Not only does it go in the year book but they also give you the biggest picture package for free because you are a teacher, unfortunately I threw those away the same day I got them. OOPs, that was before blogging it would be fun to post it on here now.

Anyways it turns out that your school picture is used for everything: yearbook, web page, slide shows, and teacher ID cards we are supposed to wear around our necks at all times. Needless to say that first year I never wore my ID card, threw that thing away. But I made a goal to take a better picture next year as to avoid the pain of seeing a sick picture of myself every time I turned around.

2006- my picture was much better. My hair was down, I wore mascara, and I was in normal clothes. Well when I got the picture package I thought what can I do with all of these pictures and so I decided to have a little fun. These pictures were not nearly as bad as the first year and so the fun began with my dinner group. I gave everyone in the dinner group a bottle of hand soup from bath and body works with a picture of myself on the hand wash. Even better than that was when I used the 5x7 and a cheap frame at my ward white elephant gift exchange. I am not good at picking out white elephant gifts but that one was the best one I have ever done. I also gave the 8x10 picture to my parents realizing they are the only ones on the face of the planet that would appreciate it.

2007- Normal pictures but I did not do anything crazy with it. I did give a copy to my parents.

2008- My 2008 picture turned out nice as well. I gave a copy to my Aunt Nancy with instructions to hang the picture in her office at the U in hopes of setting me up with some of the medical students. That seemed like a good idea and she wondered how she would know if they were married or not and I informed her to look at their hands or to ask.

So I still have an entire package of pictures left to get rid of. I could send you all one in a Christmas card but that is so boring so I am open to any ideas you might have of ways in which I could use this years school picture. The funnier the ideas the better!!


11 comments:

Angelee said...

I wish you still had the 05 picture. Oh well, I will just have to imagine how bad it really was. But, this year's picture-you are hot. Maybe we can send them to servicemen overseas as a motivation to come home safe.

Angelee said...

or we can post them in post offices around the US as a missing person report and we can see how many people recognize you. Wow, that is one of my better ideas!!!

Mishie Moo said...

Make Christmas ornaments out of them. My mom could show you how.
We could do it together, because let's face it, I've got quite a selection as well.

Mikila said...

I think that you should go with the key chain idea. Put your picture & phone number on the key chain and hand it out to all the boys. Make sure you give one to the Robertsons, their Christma tree is missing one.

Kriss said...

So cute, I think getting pictures taken is a PAINFUL experience! Why would anyone want to be model?

Nancy Webb said...

Ok, I put the wallet sized photo up in my cube where no medical students go so how would it be if I scanned it made a poster and posted it in the student mail room with all the good stats ie. phone# address, hiking requirements, biking requirements, and of course testimony. That ought to get a lot of takers. They're not all crazy UTES up here. hee hee!! I think it's a great idea.

Liz and Kevin said...

Angelee I love your ideas! You crack me up! I too think you look hot in the school picture!

Misty said...

Yaeh! This is so cool. I miss playing basketball soooooo much. Hello fellow school teacher. How's it going.

Misty said...

By the way, HHHHEEEEEeeLLLLLLLpppppp is me.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the laugh. I think you should make some WANTED posters and hang them all over.

Parley and Katie Call said...

I feel special that I got one of your first pictures. :) Don't worry, I won't be sending it overseas...but I have a rental house full of single young men?!?!? hee hee j/k

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...