Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Impatient Peeps and Stoplights


So one of my pet peeves about Utah is stoplights. The main reason is because yellow means speed up and red means at a minimum two more cars can go through the intersection. It drives me crazy and probably more so because I am a biker and if a car hits me I could die, might not die as I have been hit by a car before but it is a long recovery and an expensive one when the driver has no insurance (that's a post for another day).

My story is that yesterday while I was biking home from work I was waiting at a stoplight. Well all of a sudden I hear this loud honk and a car runs through the red light. I put two together and here is what happened. An impatient driver saw cars moving in the turn lane, the turn light had turned green, but the straight light was still red. He lays on his horn and the guy in front of him runs the red light without even looking because he was worried about the road rage of the guy behind him. He barely missed getting hit and I don't think he ever realized he ran a red light. Patience people. I hope the driver that was honking realizes he is an IDIOT! I don't like to call people names but we all have places to go and if you are in that big of a hurry you need to plan your time better. I wonder what he was thinking when he realized the light was red because he did not run the red light. Weird.

Since I am on my driving soap box I also absolutely hate how fast people drive in Utah. If you are going five over the speed limit on the freeway you have to be in the slow lane and you will not pass a single car. I think it is crazy. Anyways I really do love Utah minus the cold but I was really frustrated yesterday with these crazy drivers.

4 comments:

earlh75 said...

the first thing I say the minute we come out of the canyon headed for salt lake is "stupid drivers". I hate the traffic when I come up, and just for all those reasons you just posted too. Nobody seems to have patience anymore when driving it's sad.

Nancy Webb said...

I agree with you LaNell. Since I ride trax on the weekends when I have to drive it's hard to avoid road rage. I can't believe how people are in such a hurry. I pray for your safety on the bike every day as traffic only increases.

Mikila said...

Do you think that you could come up with a more exciting blog entry, I fell asleep half way through this. If your looking for material here are some ideas: Write a classified ad for a single white girl thats trying to get married/How its hard being skinny in a fat society/Why its merciful of you to be friends with Angelee. I expect greatness from you :)

Melissa said...

Sorry Lanell, I like to drive fast.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...