Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Not just one but two!!

I found a sweet bike ride in Vegas today. Whenever I come to visit Katie I am always on the look out for good rides. The one I found today was 20 miles long with only two stop signs and not a lot of traffic. The great thing was I chose to turn around but the road had no end in sight. That is awesome because I can do the ride again sometime when I am here and go longer if I choose to.

While biking I almot ran over the biggest spider I have ever seen. I, being slightly crazy, decided to chase it and get a picture because it was gigantic. However, my camera phone is lame and I could not get close enough to get a good shot. Bummer, I know. I will say that spider could move quickly and I was extremely nervous trying to get close but not too close.

Realization set in that I was not meant to get a picture and so I hopped on my bike and rode away, 10 minutes later I saw another huge spider crossing the road. These things were huge. I probably would have crashed my road bike if I ran them over. I decided I would look them up on the internet when I got back to Katie's. After all my research I determined that it was a male desert tarantula, not poisonous. And below is a picture of what they both looked like, but thwe ones I saw were bigger than this little guy. CREEPY!!

6 comments:

Mikila said...

I wish I could have been there to see that spider and you reacting to it! its such a cute thing, bring it home as a pet.

Julianne said...

Tarantulas are huge. My little brother used to catch them, kill them, and then have funerals for them.

Parley and Katie Call said...

Um, I still think you are crazy to have even stopped to take it's picture. I'm so glad I wasn't on the bike ride w/you. (Then again, what are the odds of THAT?) I am still amazed at how many spiders there are in this desert land of mine. I didn't think it would be as bad as Oroville, but it is. Ugghh. By the way, I had lots of fun with you. Thanks for being such a great friend and for making the long drive down here to hang out w/me! Next summer my goal is to come up there.

Big Mama said...

I love big non poisonous spiders. When we lived by the after bay in the ville, we had 2 huge wolf spiders living in our closet outside our front door. They were like our pets and we had an agreement... if they ate all the bugs before they got into the house, we'd leave them alone, but they knew they couldn't come in our house. I loved those 2! Then when we moved, my father in law smashed them both. I was so sad!! WEll, if you want, I can always get you a spider for your birthday. hahaha...

Melissa said...

I want one. Your blog is so great!

Parley and Katie Call said...

Brittney, that story disturbs me on so many levels! ;-)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...